Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Richmond, VA, USA
804-304-5425 - firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.linkedin.com/in/dvtarasov/ - https://dvtarasovgis.net/
GIS technician with three years’ experience, including working with remote sensing data. Background includes coursework in spatial analysis and extensive use of ESRI software, with some knowledge of Python. Proven track record of paying attention to detail and of setting goals independently so as to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
City of Richmond Department of Public Utilities via Robert Half Technology, Richmond, Virginia
Junior GIS Data Analyst 10/2019 – 03/2020
• Interpreted as-built drawings of natural gas service lines.
• Utilized ArcGIS software to create or update gas service line features and their attributes.
• Successfully reduced the backlog of gas service lines to be created or updated in the department’s GIS.
ESP Associates, Fort Mill, South Carolina
Geospatial Technician 07/2018 – 09/2019
• Produced map materials and related products using remotely-sensed data such as LiDAR.
• Edited polygon layers and aerial LiDAR points.
• Identified objects of interest, such as classification errors, in remote sensing data.
• Performed quality control on road polygon layers and LiDAR point clouds.
GRTC Transit System via Robert Half Technology, Richmond, Virginia
GIS Analyst 09/2017 – 10/2017
• Performed geospatial analysis and edited existing maps in support of proposed changes to the bus route network.
• Designed large-scale maps to guide the installation of new bus stop signs.
• Analyzed bus stop data to identify the stops in the most urgent need of upgrades for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Completed all projects ahead of schedule.
Clark Nexsen via Aerotek, Virginia Beach, Virginia
GIS Technician 07/2016 – 08/2016
• Utilized field notes and photographs to ensure the accuracy of spatial and attribute data on US Navy infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Edited tabular attributes and vector features by means of ESRI ArcGIS.
NOVA Parks, Vienna, Virginia
Mapping volunteer 08/2012 – 07/2013
• Collected GPS positions and created data layers.
• Saved time spent on data handling by park staff by producing comprehensive metadata.
• Wrote a Python script to automate several routine geoprocessing tasks.
• Conducted research and recommended new methods for accomplishing the goals of the mapping project.
Northern Virginia Community College, Reston, Virginia
GIS Intern 02/2012 – 05/2012
• Served as liaison between Northern VA Community College, a foreign university cooperating with the NVCC under the Fulbright program, and the Loudoun County Office of Mapping and Geographic Information.
• Digitized the footprints of buildings on the foreign university’s campus using ESRI ArcGIS.
• Created 3D models of proposed buildings on the foreign university’s campus by means of SketchUp.
University of Connecticut, M.A., Geography, 2016
Northern Virginia Community College, Career Studies Certificate, Geographic Information Systems, 2012
Virginia Commonwealth University, B.A., History, 2006
Spatial analysis, geocoding, cartography, research, LiDAR editing, ModelBuilder, GPS field data collection, ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, ArcCatalog, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, WordPress, HTML, CSS, SAS IML, KML, Python, SQL.
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.