Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Newport, RI, USA
Peter A. Melanson Jr.
Permanent Address: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
63 John Dyer Rd. Cell Phone: 401-473-9674
Little Compton, RI, 02837
I am a dynamic, adaptable individual looking to leverage my scientific, software and business expertise in order to help organizations involved in marine technology achieve their goals.
University of Rhode Island
Master of Oceanography / Master of Business Administration and Graduate Certificate in GIS / Remote Sensing,
September 2017- August 2019
• Physical, Chemical and Biological Oceanography
• Supply Chain Management + Global Supply Chain Management
• Financial Accounting + Financial Management
• Advanced GIS Analysis of Geospatial Data
Using GIS to Interpolate Gradients throughout Narragansett Bay
Technologies Involved in Modelling, Adapting, and Mitigating Climate Change
Effects of Oil Spills on Different Marine Trophic Levels
Why GE Dominated the Late 20th Century and What Went Wrong
Analyzing the Financial Information of Two Technology Titans; Microsoft vs. Apple
Delivery by Drone: Worthwhile or Wasteful?
Op-Ed in Providence Journal: “Let’s Test Drones in Providence”, Posted June 28th 2018
Bachelor of Science, Major: Biology, Graduated May 2015
Abraham Kellogg 4-year Biology Scholarship
Thesis - “Personality Syndromes in Crayfish: Competitive Ability and Boldness”
Sakonnet Oyster Company, Little Compton, RI
Oyster Farmer 2010 - Current
• Participated in all aspects of family run business including harvesting and sorting oysters, cleaning and
maintaining cages and bags, using SCUBA gear to retrieve lost cages, operating raw bar, selling oysters to local
businesses and customers, boat captain.
• Not afraid to get dirty
Great Water Marine Inc., Fairhaven, MA,
Administrative Assistant April 2017-August 2017
• Worked part-time assisting at a small marine refrigeration parts distributor.
• Operated QuickBooks on a daily basis, processing online and phone orders and either shipping them directly or
placing drop ship orders with manufacturers.
• Answered phones and delivered good customer service, taking basic orders and relaying messages.
Department of Estuarine and Ocean Sciences, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Dartmouth, MA
Intern Dec 2016 – March 2017
• Assisted Ph. D. and Master’s students in the field and lab. Projects include oyster’s effect on nitrification, testing
sites for ability to harbor aquaculture, water quality monitoring and saltwater marsh restoration.
• Responsibilities included data entry, assisting sample analysis, lab maintenance and assisting in the field.
Institute for Marine Mammal Studies, Gulfport, MS,
Research Intern March - May, 2016
• Worked on photo identification project of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, entering data on Finbase and ArcGIS,
using Darwin fin matching software, observing wild dolphin behavior, and taking fin photographs.
• Responded to multiple local strandings of dolphins and sea turtles, participated in data collection and a beach
• Regularly performed underwater filming of the pygmy killer whales being rehabilitated at the institute, attended
a medical examination of the whales.
Seacamp Association Inc., Big Pine Key, FL
Science Instructor and Unit Leader May - October 2015
• Taught a marine ecology course to twelve students ages 12-17, which required creating the lesson plan, giving
lectures, captaining educational boat trips, leading kayaking or snorkeling trips, and teaching and participating in
outdoor activities. Making complex scientific concepts interesting and relatable to youths
• Acted as lead science instructor for a marine field techniques SCUBA course, which required reviewing and
editing lesson plans, assisting with a check in dive, teaching students about various underwater scientific tools
and study methods, captaining a boat, assisting students prepare SCUBA and scientific equipment,
demonstrating and critiquing students practicing assorted SCUBA skills.
• Supervised four cabins, plan and led daily evening programs, make announcements after meals, and schedule
counselors day to day, maintenance of facilities.
Oceans Research, Mossel Bay, South Africa,
Intern August 2014
• Participated in all stages of a photo identification project on local great white sharks, including data collection,
photography, and post-fieldwork data entry.
• Participated in several ongoing experiments such as effect of gender on benthic sharks entering tonic, testing an
acoustic device capable of determining GPS coordinates of marine mammals through their communication, and
how different patterns painted on seal decoys effected white shark interactions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Graduate Certificate in GIS / Remote Sensing
• Experienced in Darwin, Quickbooks, ERDAS IMAGINE, MATLAB, Finbase, SPSS and HTML
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2019-10-22 under Consultant