Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Seattle, WA, USA
Aspiring Environmental Spatial Analyst
GIS graduate student interested in pursuing a career in spatial analysis with the goal of solving agricultural and sustainable development problems using LiDAR and other remotely collected data. Professional and academic experience include applying GIS and remote sensing techniques on land-use/cover and conservation assessments. Skilled in analyzing quantitative data in a GIS and/or IDE, identifying relationships between data, and effectively communicating these relationships visually and verbally.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Advanced Statistics Advanced Mathematics
Python (Programming Language)
Jupyter Notebooks Raster and Vector Analysis
Multi-Criteria Decision Making
Supervised & Unsupervised Classification
Analytical Hierarchy Process
Model Builder Time Series Analysis
Data Preparation and Manipulation
Image Mosaicking and Georeferencing
CLARK UNIVERSITY, Worcester, MA
Master of Science, Geographic Information Science for Development and Environment Expected December 2022
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, Seattle, WA
Graduate coursework, Atmospheric Sciences
3.32 / 4.0 GPA August 2019 January 2021
ALLEGHENY COLLEGE, Meadville, PA
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science, Minors: Philosophy, Mathematics
3.415 / 4.0 GPA May 2018
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Climate Dynamics of Extreme Warming Scenarios (Working Title), Research Paper Summer Fall 2020
Evaluating outputs from three climate models showing extreme climate sensitivities out to 2300 from the SSP5-85 extension scenario of the newly released CMIP6 ensemble.
Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
GIS Suitability of Agrivoltaic Array Installation to Mitigate Climate Stress on Crops Fall Spring 2018
Using remote sensing and GIS software to create a suitability analysis of the best areas of farmland to install stilt-mounted agrivoltaics to mitigate increasing heat stress on crops and provide solar energy to the local community.
Identifying Short-eared Owl (Asio flammeus) Roosting Locations in Southwestern Pennsylvania using GIS Spring 2018
Performed WLC, Boolean, and fuzzy GIS analyses to identify potential roosting locations to reintroduce short-eared owls into Pennsylvania; compared the three approaches, understanding the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Comparison of Unsupervised and Supervised Classification for Urban Sprawl in Beijing, China Spring 2017
Performed multiple remote sensing tools including unsupervised and supervised classification to compare accuracy; performed classification of a 1988 pre-Olympics satellite image and a 2009 post-Olympics image to assess changes in urban development.
Using LiDAR to Locate Nutrient Loading Sources in Lake Wilhelm Watersheds Spring 2017
Acquired and manipulated DEM data for two watersheds, performed hydrologic modeling within the remote sensing software, and utilized geoprocessing tools within the GIS software to assess where agriculture lands existed within a 100m buffer of every river in the watersheds.
Prioritization of Landowners in Pennsylvania for Sustainable Forest Management Spring 2015
Performed suitability analysis to find forestland that fit criteria that Foundation for Sustainable Forests (FFSF) specified so that they can effectively approach landowners and ask them to consider letting FFSF manage their land through sustainable harvesting practices.
Multi-Criteria Evaluation for Suitable Honeybee Pockets in Erie, Crawford, and Chautauqua Counties Fall 2015
Ranked, weighted, and combined multiple criteria layers using ArcGIS tools to find the most suitable locations for honeybee pockets in Erie, Crawford, and Chautauqua Counties, to minimize rate of local extinction.
Assessing Factors of Invasive Species Proliferation in an Allegheny Hardwood Stand
Created transects randomly throughout an area of tree harvesting and recorded the type and number of occurrences of each invasive species; presented work to forester to explain that cutting certain marked trees would lead to further proliferation of invasive species in the forest.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL, Moon Township, PA
LiDAR Associate July 2018 July 2019
* Digitized engineering features (buildings, curbs, road shoulders, etc.) into a CAD environment for use by the client.
* Performed accuracy assessment of point cloud data by tying together points from multiple sensors; removing underground noise points; and creating and smoothing bare-earth models using MicroStation CONNECT.
* Led a data collection group for three different sites in Virginia, which involved planning out collection paths, maintaining the hardware and software of the LiDAR truck, and performing the collection process. Lauded by my supervisor as being responsible for the cleanest data he had ever processed.
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, Norristown, PA
HSCA Intern May 2015 August 2015
* Updated documents and updated databases for coworkers, speeding up the consulting process by eliminating then need to do administrative work for each site.
* Collected water samples at low-flow sources at residential and business sites for TCE delineation underground, which increased productivity and efficiency at each site.
* Organized all the HSCA sections legal documents associated with over thirty Superfund sites. Alphabetized each site, removed duplicates, and sorted by date.
REDUCE, Bellingham, WA
Social Media Intern / Blog Writer May 2020 January 2021
ALLEGHENY COLLEGE RESIDENCE LIFE, Meadville, PA
Resident Advisor August 2016 May 2018
CAMP CANADENSIS, Canadensis, PA
General Bunk Counselor June 2016 August 2016
OPERATION READ, Meadville, PA
Tutor September 2014 April 2015
* ASSOCIATION OF PACIFIC COAST GEOGRAPHERS March 2021
* ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN GEOGRAPHERS March 2021
* PI MU EPSILON, Mathematics Honor Society April 2017
* PHI GAMMA DELTA, Pi Chapter January 2015
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.