Jobs by Category
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Remote Sensing and Geospatial Technology Specialist
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Tall Timbers Research, Inc. (https://talltimbers.org/) is recruiting a full-time Remote Sensing and Geospatial Technology Specialist to join the growing Geospatial Center. Tall Timbers is recognized as the home of the study of fire ecology and is an advocate to protect the right to use prescribed fire for land management.
• Apply geospatial technology and remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve geospatial problems for projects involving natural resources
• Analyze image data (multispectral and hyperspectral), use statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) such as ArcGIS, ERDAS, ENVI, Python, and R to evaluate and analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems
• Develop and maintain applications in Google Earth Engine
• Document and develop results from both basic and applied scientific and technical research for use in technical reports and publications
• Work on variety of projects in support of Geospatial Center at Tall Timbers
• Collaborate with research and conservation staff as well as outside partners
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Remote Sensing, GIS, Remote Sensing / GIS Integration, GIS Modeling & Simulation, Spatial and Biophysical Modeling, Fire Behavior Modeling, Computer Mapping and GIS Applications for Natural Resources.
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise
• Programming experience in Python, R, and JavaScrip
• Strong interest in drone technology and current or ability to obtain FAA's Small UAS Rule (Part 107) certificate
• Ability to work across multiple technology disciplines
• Experience planning and managing GIS projects
• Strong organizational and data management skills
• Desire to continue learning in the fields of remote sensing, spatial analysis, and conservation science
Minimum Training and Experience
• MS in remote sensing, geospatial science, GIS or physical science or similar with specific coursework or relevant work experience in remote sensing, image processing, GIS, geography, forestry ecology of fire behavior; This position requires: 1) Professional knowledge of the theories, principles, concepts, practices, standards, and methods of geography and natural resources to assume duties related to the analysis of relationships between various natural resources, and apply established geospatial analysis processes, protocols and solutions to support project objectives; 2) Knowledge of geospatial technology (e.g., ArcGIS; image processing; remote sensing) sufficient to apply established methods and procedures; 3) Skill in programming languages used for data analysis and processing (e.g., Python, R); 4) Knowledge of cartographic principles and conventions sufficient to create maps for internal and external use displaying natural resource data, highlight particular analysis results, and convey basic geospatial information. and network equipment.
• Ability to document and convey technical information to technical and non-technical users in written reports and oral presentations.
• Time management skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Willingness to learn new concepts and skills
The selected applicant will be employed by Tall Timbers and based out of Tall Timbers, Tallahassee, FL. This position will be full time and on-site. The position will report to Joe Noble, GIS/Information Technology Program Director and work in close collaboration with the on-site Project Reseach Scientist. Starting salary range is $25 to $32/hour with benefits.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 12/30/2023 or the position is filled.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Apply via email to email@example.com
Tall Timbers Research
13093 Henry Beadel Drive
Tallahassee, FL, 32312 USA