GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Consultant - Renewable Energy
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Nokomis Partners is a Minneapolis based energy developer with a mission to accelerate local energy adoption through equitable partnerships. Nokomis is seeking a consultant to support development initiatives across the Midwest. This role is ideal for someone interested in learning how GIS tools are used to facilitate the development of solar projects.
The position will provide mapping and analysis support for siting, impact assessment, and analysis for 1-10 MW solar energy systems. Essential job functions include:
• Meet with Nokomis Team to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of public and private GIS and non-GIS sources. Gather, analyze and integrate spatial data and business data, and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
• The GIS Analyst will act as the go to on project information, ensuring accuracy, while making available to all on the project.
• Position will require initiative, problem-solving skills, and will be able to work efficiently and effectively alone or with a team.
• Support establishment of long-term GIS strategy
Send resume and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Minneapolis, preference for ability to meet team onsite
Terms of Employment: 10-20 hours per week, potential to extend into next fall and beyond
Apply via email to email@example.com
2639 Nicollet Avenue, #200
Minneapolis, MN, 55408 USA
Posted 2019-05-28 under Consultant