GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Lakewood, CO, USA
Itasca Denver, Inc., a consulting company based in Lakewood, Colorado, is seeking an experienced GIS Analyst for a permanent part-time or full-time position with benefits.
• Create maps to display hydrologic and geologic information in support of complex scientific and engineering reports.
• GIS layer maintenance. Update and maintain mapping layers; verify digitized data for accuracy. Interpret detailed plans, photographs, and maps to update GIS layers, GIS data, and map products.
• Digitize and geo-reference data to aid in the location, placement, and creation of features.
• Create and edit features and the associated attributes.
• Provide quality control by ensuring data is filed in the proper location.
• Duties may include troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflows, as well as maintaining a working knowledge of the latest GIS trends, workflows, and software through research and education.
• Associates degree in Geographic Information Systems or equivalent
• Must be proficient working with ESRI Suite (including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcMap)
• Understanding of coordinate systems and conversions
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate ability to work efficiently, independently, and cooperatively in a team environment
• Possess excellent problem-solving skills
• Experienced working with SQL databases, including writing SQL (PostgreSQL™, MYSQL™, Access™)
• Experienced scripting in Python
• Ability to work efficiently with 2-D and 3-D meshes/grids
• Expertise with interpolation techniques
• Knowledge of environmental/geological data
• Experienced in AutoCad
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent residence status. Qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Careers@itascadenver.com.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Itasca Denver, Inc.
143 Union Blvd., Suite 525
CO, Lakewood USA
Posted 2018-05-16 under Analyst