GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Hinesville, GA, USA
The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for a Geographic Information Systems Technician in the Inspections Department. The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of GIS data of the City of Hinesville and Liberty County.
• Collecting data and information from a variety of sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases.
• Managing reoccurring and as-needed data and map requests
• Performs GIS data creation, manipulation, management, and analysis, such as digitizing, georeferencing, geocoding, editing, COGO, and querying both spatial and non-spatial data.
• Works with various City of Hinesville Departments and Liberty County to determine their needs for GIS services and provide recommendations.
• Performs other duties, as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, or related field, with major course work in Geographic Information Systems is required, or two (2) years of professional experience with Geographic Information Systems.
Applicants must also have experience in the use of ESRI products including ArcGIS for Desktop 10.0 or higher and ArcGIS Online; working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Strong problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with customers and the ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
Minimum starting salary is $38,402.54 plus excellent benefits. The position is open until filled.
Please submit applications online at: https://ga-hinesville.civicplushrms.com/careers
THE CITY OF HINESVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply online here
City of Hinesville
115 East M. L. King Jr. Drive
Hinesville, GA, 31313 USA
Posted 2019-10-21 under Technician