GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS PROGRAMMER - Remote Job
Nantucket, MA, USA
The GIS Programmer supports teams across the organization who need to leverage GIS technology for their project needs. The focus is the creation of scalable and scriptable solutions that will answer pressing questions across multiple communities in the United States. The GIS Programmer will be involved in all aspects of project development, from ETL to deliverable. The common thread is the need for a geospatial solution to the problem at hand.
The GIS Programmer must be an effective communicator with other collaborators from varying backgrounds and areas of technical expertise. These include both human interest and environmental backgrounds. The position requires versatility and creative thinking in order to meet business goals. Familiarity with a diverse set of geospatial tools is a must. The GIS programmer will be particularly well versed in open source and cutting-edge solutions.
Regular activities will include the participation in brainstorm sessions, the research of appropriate solutions and the implementation of the geospatial goals of each project.
GIS Programmer Tasks
• Translate the business requirements of a project into actionable steps to completion.
• Communicate need for additional resources to meet proposed goals.
• Script regular processes using R, Python, ogr2ogr and GDAL.
• Support the development of web mapping apps.
• Create new geospatial datasets using PostGIS.
• Work effectively with multiple managers simultaneously to meet business timelines.
Please apply to: email@example.com
Use the subject line "Applying for GIS Programmer Position - 2019”
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Data Platforms
Po Box 111
Nantucket, MA, 02554 USA
Posted 2019-03-25 under Programming