GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
St. Louis, WI, USA
St. Louis, WI, USA
Summary of Position:
The Defense & Intelligence (DI) sector at Continental Mapping Consultants is hiring Geospatial Technicians to work in our St Louis, MO office. The Geospatial Technician will extract feature and/or terrain data from a variety of sources and conduct research to fully prepare the data for our clients on-time and within budget. This is an entry level position and project specific training will be provided. This position requires the willingness to learn the tools needed to complete assigned tasks and demonstrate a willingness to improve their workflow and quality.
Note: This position will start as Limited Term Employment (LTE) with potential to convert to a regular Full-Time (FT) position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Extract feature and/or terrain data from a variety of sources
• Conflate and adjudicate vector sources
• Conduct research to fully prepare and populate attribution from available sources
• Assist in work procedures/checklist updates and/or creation
• Perform product finishing tasks to client content and quality specifications
• Conduct peer review of data prior to QC where applicable
• Awareness, adherence, and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures
• Promote positive atmosphere internally
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of:
o Client specifications and requirements, data compilation workflows and best practices, and security requirements
o Software such as but not limited to ArcGIS, ESRI Production Mapping suite, Microsoft Office suite, Data Reviewer, Workflow Manager, Task Assistant Manager extensions, GAIT, Socet Set, Conflation Technologies, Map Compilation, Arc SDE, Database Schema Mapping, Open Source research techniques
• Ability to:
o Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and respond to problems as they occur with diplomacy, common sense, and a positive attitude.
o Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, recognizing problems and finding solutions.
o Establish and maintain project priorities.
• Strong understanding of spatial relationships, in the real world and databases.
Experience and Education:
• Entry level position with minimal job, college or professional experience required. Associate and/or bachelor's degree in Geography or related geospatial science or equivalent professional experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online here or via email to email@example.com
Continental Mapping Consultants
100 QBE Way, Suite 1225
Sun Praire, WI, 53590 USA