GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Sarasota, FL, USA
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager is responsible for the development of GIS, creating standards for use, facilitating projects teams, identifying project objectives and resources, and establishing milestones and timelines. This individual will be leading a group of talented GIS professionals that are working with data that is the foundation for making sound business decisions for Emergency Services, Planning and Development, Parks and Recreation, Public Works, and Utilities.
GIS Manager (Official Job Title: Manager III): This is management and technical level GIS work leading the development and continuous improvement of the countyís enterprise GIS to meet the needs of the countyís business centers. Reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Check out our robust employee benefits: https://www.scgov.net/government/human-resources/employee-health-and-benefits
Subject to Passing Substance Screening
This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
- Executes strategies to strengthen the existing GIS implementation and expand county GIS utilization; evaluates and implements advances in GIS technology to develop a best-in-class GIS.
- Develops operational policies to standardize GIS activities and ensure system integrity; creates strategic and continuity plans for GIS; develops operational budget, business plans and staffing plans; creates, tracks and monitors performance measures.
- Coordinates GIS administration functions and positions; formalizes and documents system standards, procedures, operations, and policies.
- Serves as the liaison to the countyís GIS user community.
- Develops Service Level Agreements (SLAs), business plans and performance measures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors strategic goals and objectives.
- Monitors, refines, and assists in GIS rate model development.
- Works with external regional partners to create system interconnectivity.
- Develops and maintains skills as necessary to keep current with GIS technology and professional best practices.
- Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Geomatics, Geographic Information Science, Spatial Information Science, Computer Science or a related field and six (6) years of progressively responsible professional and/or technical experience. A Masterís Degree with four (4) or more years of related experience or graduate certificate in GIS is preferred. Progressively responsible professional experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required college degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Business Processes. Ability to prioritize workloads. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate effectively both technical and non-technical, verbally and in writing. Ability to work as a team member. Ability to supervise and lead team members. Establish effective two-way communication with managers and or supervisor.
SPECIAL NOTE: Position is management and is involved in on-call technical support 24/7/365 with mandatory personal smart phone required, per Administrative Directive 9.05.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for six months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarasota County Government
1660 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL, 34236 USA
Posted 2020-06-24 under Government