Jobs by Category
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Sacramento, CA, USA
Land IQ is seeking a Geospatial Analyst/Programmer in its Sacramento, California office. Land IQ specializes in providing solutions to challenging agricultural and environmental problems throughout the western United States. Our areas of expertise include soil science, water quality and supply evaluation, agricultural systems, ecosystem restoration, land cover analysis, salinity and nutrient management, statistics, remote sensing, geospatial analysis, and regulatory policy. Land IQ helps clients develop high value, scientifically sound, proactive solutions to their complex, large-scale, land-based challenges.
The successful Geospatial Analyst/Programmer candidate will be responsible for working with our team comprised of remote sensing/geospatial experts in a range of agronomic, environmental and ecosystem disciplines. The Geospatial Analyst/Programmer will be expected to support the development of web maps and applications as well as conduct spatial analysis, develop/document geospatial data and processes.
The applicant must also have excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on-time and within budget resources. General knowledge of the natural resource/earth science field is a plus.
Office Locations: Sacramento, CA
Hiring Timeframe: Immediate
Employment Type: Full time, including benefits
- Develop unique solutions to address a wide range of complex agriculture and environmental challenges.
- Utilize knowledge of hardware, software and application life cycles to deliver high quality products, tools and software enhancements in accordance with best practices.
- Work in a team environment on a wide range of projects, supporting our team of scientists, remote sensing analysts, and other science-based disciplines.
- Be organized and methodical with communication and documentation capabilities.
- Develop and refine existing applications, geospatial analysis protocols, and spatial and statistical modeling applications to help solve complex environmental and agricultural resource problems.
- Applicant must have the ability to make analysis protocols actionable through scripting and/or other programming capabilities.
Education: B.S. required, M.S. preferred in: Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Geography, or related field.
Years of Experience: 0-3
Required Technical Capabilities:
- Experience with database including PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Familiar with ArcGIS WebApp Builder
- ESRI suite of software, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and associated extensions
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, and ArcGIS Online
- Understanding of version control software, including git
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience with Flask, JQuery and Heroku
- Experience with Agile Project Management Tool
- Spatial/statistical modeling and statistics knowledge
- Applied GIS experience within natural science/engineering fields
Positive/enthusiastic attitude, passionate about professional pursuits, strong organizational, communication and writing skills, personable, ability and desire to learn, and attention to detail, strong moral and ethical personal standards. Enthusiastic about guiding and mentoring team members to reach team and organizational goals. Team player.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com. Also visit our website for more information at www.landiq.com.
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 L Street, Suite 110
Sacramento, CA, 95811 USA