GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Blue Springs, MO, USA
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT: Coordinates Geographic Information System (GIS) activities throughout all City departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates GIS activities throughout all City departments regarding the purchase of software, data layer development needs, development of department specific GIS applications and GIS software training.
2. Coordinates with the Information Technology (IT) Department regarding hardware or network GIS requirements or purchases.
3. Coordinates GIS data exchanges and acquisitions with the Jackson County GIS department, MARC (Mid America Regional Council), CJCFPD (Central Jackson County Fire Protection District), surrounding municipalities and regional GIS user groups and committees.
4. Maintains and creates data layers for use in creating maps and databases for use by the Community Development Department, other City departments, elected officials and the public.
5. Manages the on-going implementation and enhancement of the EnerGov system for planning, permitting, licensing and code enforcement activities. This includes the configuration of changes or additions to workflows, fees, reviews, custom fields, user permissions, hearings, code violations and similar elements of the EnerGov system.
6. Generates maps to be included in Planning Commission, City Council, Board of Zoning Adjustment or other board or commission agenda packets. Generates maps for City Internet site, presentations, reports, and other public meetings.
7. Maintains City ArcGIS Online account including managing users and online content for the public facing Interactive Web Map.
8. Creates GIS Metadata and establishes standards for GIS data.
9. Designated MSAG (Master Street Address Guide) Manager for the City, responsible for assigning addresses and coordinating with MARC Public Safety Staff to update 9-1-1 database and regional map.
The above duties and responsibilities include those tasks, physical and mental requirements, visual requirement, unique physical surroundings and mental/cognitive abilities required to perform the essential elements of the position.
1. Education and Special License(s)/Certifications – Bachelor’s degree in Geography or Geographic Information Systems Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited college or university. Valid state driver’s license.
2. Experience – Minimum of three years experience in GIS related field.
3. Skills – Must have strong knowledge of all modules of ESRI’s ArcGIS software including experience with ArcGIS Server, SDE and other ArcGIS extensions. Familiarity with SQL 2016 and the latest versions of Microsoft Products including Word and Excel. Knowledge of Enterprise Community Development Software, preferably Energov. Ability to read and interpret standard plats and records of survey, engineering drawings, improvement plans and related documentation.
4. Mental Requirements - Ability to communicate effectively and interface with the general public. Ability to produce maps and drawings from sketches and oral instructions.
5. Physical Requirements - Must be able to sit for prolonged periods; must be able to listen to normal conversation; must be able to walk occasionally, and use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; must be able to reach with hands and arms; must be able to have vision sufficient to see close up and have the ability to adjust focus; and, must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and transport it 15 feet.
6. Supervisory Responsibility – As assigned.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online here
City of Blue Springs, MO
903 W. Main St.
Blue Springs, MO, 64015 USA
Posted 2020-02-06 under Government