GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Irvine, CA, USA
iWater, Inc. is an established and growing Orange County company with an immediate need for an additional GIS Specialist to work at our Irvine office. This position requires a positive, friendly person who can work well with prospective and existing customers to provide training on software, identify needs, trouble-shoot, and assist in design and development of applications. Our GIS Specialists work closely with other members of our team and assist customers, business partners and co-workers with hardware and software set-up and trouble-shooting. Overnight travel is required. We need someone with excellent communication skills, a clear speaking voice, ability to work well with others, and “can-do” attitude.
• Provide high-quality support to clients to help solve technical problems quickly and effectively.
• Coordinate with other GIS specialists and developers on GIS projects.
• Assist or lead in the acquisition, conversion, and manipulation of GIS data.
• Effectively oversee and assist technical component of field crew’s projects.
• Develop and maintain end-user manuals, help systems, and product documentation.
• Debugging ArcGIS for server applications.
• Other duties and problem-resolution as required and apparent.
Qualifications & Job Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Engineering, GIS or a related field.
• 4+ years of relevant GIS experience.
• Thorough knowledge of GIS technology and fundamentals.
• Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software products.
• Experience working with ArcGIS for Server applications.
• Experience working with ArcGIS On Line.
• ArcSDE geodatabase administration.
• SQL Server and/or Oracle experience a plus.
• Experience working with municipal or private Water, Wastewater or Utility Companies is a plus.
• Able to commute daily to and work from our office in Irvine, CA.
• Ability to drive to clients’ locations to provide training and support.
• Able to travel overnight 0-3 times/month to provide customer training and support.
• Able to communicate information and instructions clearly - verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude and ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please email your resume to iWaterJobs@cox.net. We offer benefits including Health and Dental Ins, 401K & Vacation.
NOTE: Do Not apply if you are not currently living in the Orange County area or are not able to travel to our Irvine Office on a daily basis.
iWater, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. E-Verify will be used to verify this information.
* * ABSOLUTELY NO CONTACT FROM ADVERTISERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES * *
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org