GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
A self-directed GIS-Specialist: Highly driven with strong business sense and professional presence, who has managed state-of-the-art projects for governmental and research organisations.
I am a highly motivated and experienced GI-Consultant and Project Coordinator / Science Advisor in geo-data / meta-data management and on GI-related tasks, where I worked closely with project and senior managers to ensure that all projects were delivered on time and on budget.
Knowledge / Skills / Aptitudes / Abilities:
• Degrees in Geographic Information System, Urban Planning, and courses taken in Project Management;
• Conversant with several GIS-Packages, such as: ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo and TransCAD, as well as FME, Adobe Creative Suite with MAPublisher and MS Office Suite;
• Languages: English = fluent written/verbal, German = Mother language, French = basic knowledge;
• +17 years of working experience as a GI-Consultant and Project Coordinator in geo-data / meta-data management and on GI-related tasks;
• Experienced in project planning and delivery. Ability to supervise/coordinate projects, and to work within interdisciplinary project-teams;
• Experienced in working in Data Management and with Meta Data, like developing Meta Data Profiles based on ISO19’115-, FGDC- and GM03-Standards;
• Ability to provide support to / dealing with internal/external stakeholders, and used to Stakeholder Management (internal and external), conduct studies and do scientific research on spatial data/legal statuses;
• Ability to writing process/project reports and making cost estimates, also was I member of a team, which recommended corporate changes to GIS-software or -policies or –strategies;
Posted 2018-07-25 under Cartography, Consultant, Contract & Freelance, Geography, Geospatial, Government, Information Technology, Specialist, Technician, Transportation