GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Arlington, VA, USA
Master of Science: Natural Resources: Land, Water, and Air (GPA: 4.03), University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT (May 2017)
Graduate Certificate: Geographic Information Systems (GIS), University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT (May 2016)
Bachelor of Arts: Environmental Studies (science concentration) and Biology, Colby College, Waterville, ME (May 2014)
NatureServe, Arlington, VA
• Pre-process GIS layers for watershed coastal resilience project in Vista decision support tool.
• Research and compare spatial data sources.
• Coordinate stakeholder engagement across seven watersheds for coastal resilience project.
Conservation International, Arlington, VA
• Utilizing fine-resolution satellite imagery to digitize illegal mining locations within Sapo National Park, Liberia.
• Performing spatial analyses to derive biodiversity indicators for identifying global hot spots.
Town of Stonington, Stonington, CT
• Digitized emergency flooding evacuation routes for coastal Connecticut towns for planning procedures.
NatureServe, Boulder, CO May – Aug 2015
Conservation Planning and Decision Support Intern
• Created and reformatted spatial datasets and metadata for Redwoods Vista conservation project.
• Researched various data sources and provided opinion on most accurate procedures for Redwoods project.
Town of Mansfield, Mansfield, CT
• Manipulated shapefiles, georeferenced surveyed images, and organized geodatabases.
• Produced maps for grants applications to adopt environmentally significant parcels.
Environment Maine, Portland, ME
• Attended and took notes at lobby meetings at State House in Augusta, Maine.
• Wrote letters to the editor, completed fact sheets, and updated databases.
Maine Lakes Resource Center, Belgrade, ME
Environmental Communications Intern
• Taught waterfront owners conservation techniques to prevent rain runoff in the Belgrade Lakes Watershed.
• Informed Belgrade residents and visitors of invasive species eradication process.
• Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS, Model Builder, Google Earth, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and writing abilities.
Posted 2017-11-22 under Analyst, Cartography, Database, Geospatial, Land Use, Planning, Remote Sensing, Research, Science