GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Decatur, IL, USA
Leadership * GIS Analysis * UAS/Drone Program Management * Training * Site Selection
A results-driven and forward-thinking geographic information systems (GIS) manager with expertise in policy development, strategic direction, geographic analysis and mapping, operations, team leadership, project and program oversight, site selection, and project analysis. Leverages a passion for learning new technologies and business processes with proven communication, training, and technical skills. Recognized for a dynamic leadership ability and strong analytical mindset in problem solving. Seeking position to build on past experience and utilize management skills with a willingness to travel and relocate.
Geographic Information Systems, Archer Daniels Midland Co. Decatur, IL
GIS Manager (2010 to 2017)
Led a cross departmental committee to create a single location database. Formulated strategic direction for geographic analysis and mapping and advocated the use globally. Directed day to day operations of the GIS department and provided guidance and support to staff. Facilitated discussions with divisions across the organization to develop projects tailored to their specific business needs.
• Created a UAS Committee, developed the UAS/Drone global policy, and coordinated flight demonstrations for UAS at ADM facilities. Current FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot license holder.
• Provided guidance for iPhone applications developed by the GIS group to aggregate field knowledge to a central location using mobile technology.
• Developed methodology and oversaw site selection analysis to determine the potential crop availability in service areas of existing or potential new grain elevator locations.
• Developed and facilitated training of hundreds of users of the ADM Maps ArcGIS Server Web Application and provided additional GIS support across the company.
• Produced hundreds of maps in various formats, including PowerPoint slides, for executive presentations.
• Responsible for quarterly performance evaluations and professional development of GIS staff.
• Recruited for open GIS positions, reviewed resumes, interviewed candidates, and provided the final hiring decisions for GIS staffing.
Geographic Information Services Group, Walgreen Co. Deerfield, IL
GIS Project Manager (2007 to 2010)
Managed enterprise project to integrate systems and business processes to eliminate redundancies and provide a method for analyzing and tracking the portfolio of Walgreens assets. Coordinated software upgrade to ESRI ArcGIS 9.3 Desktop. Collaborated with multiple Information Technology groups to implement enhancements to the enterprise GIS system and related data sources.
• Established and chaired GIS User Advocacy Group to elicit feedback and communicate changes between the Market Strategy and GIS Groups.
• Coordinated the evaluation, purchase, and implementation of GPS units allowing for more efficient and accurate use of GIS in the field.
• Investigated, evaluated, and recommended key data sources allowing end users to make better informed decisions.
• Created and maintained technical and business documentation for GIS data, processes, and projects.
• Volunteered and contributed to establishing a program for key roles, career paths, and rotational programs in the Finance and Strategy Division. Included voice of customer interviews, requirements, identification of a quick win, and implementation plan.
Geographic Information Services Group, Walgreen Co.
Senior GIS Analyst (2006 to 2007)
Provided support and spatial analytics for numerous departments across the company. Served on the Emergency Services Disaster Response Committee and investigated data sources and processes to be used before, during, and after an emergency. Developed Model Builder models within ArcGIS Desktop to provide a snapshot of quarterly data, which was a foundational data reference for decision makers throughout the company.
GIS Analyst (2005 to 2006)
Created maps of sales changes by district to allow executives to visualize the month to month changes in their regions. Coordinated GIS response to major hurricanes, including Hurricane Katrina, by combining internal and external resources to create maps reflecting damage and store operational status. Provided training in ArcGIS 9.1 geoprocessing for advanced GIS users.
Esri (formally Environmental Systems Research Institute), Redlands, CA
ArcGIS Software Release Manager (2004 to 2005)
Performed sanity testing and coordinated the update of the daily ArcGIS software builds. Managed the internal desktop release process, including creating the certified release candidate CDs for the ArcGIS 9.1 Desktop releases. Assisted the Installation Team in various tasks, including troubleshooting and testing software builds. Performed general functional testing of ArcGIS. Administered and maintained several computers within the group, including operating system installation and ghosting processes.
Intern, Internet Solutions Department (2003)
Prepared documentation on ArcWeb Services to inform the ESRI International Distributors of the product offering. Performed functional testing, created test plans, and communicated results to the development teams for the ArcGIS Interoperability Add-on and ArcWeb Services toolbar for ArcMap.
University of California, University Extension, Riverside, CA
Certificate in Geographic Information Systems, June 2005
Carthage College, Kenosha, WI
Bachelor of Arts Degree, May 2004
Majors: Business Administration, Geography, and Information Systems
Magna Cum Laude
FAA Remote Pilot
Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Team Rubicon – Disaster Response Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity – Build Volunteer
Decatur and Macon County Animal Foundation – Volunteer
Toastmasters International 2011 - 2017
Competent Communicator, Competent Leader, Advanced Leader Bronze Education Awards
Former Treasurer, VP Membership, Secretary
Posted 2018-03-07 under Analyst, Consultant, Database, Education, Executive, Geography, Geospatial, Government, Information Technology, Manager, Planning, Project Manager, Real Estate, Research, Sales & Marketing, Science, Specialist, Support, Surveying, Technician, Training, Transportation, Web & Internet