GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Wellington, FL, USA
Brent Shannon Balcomb
13020 Meadow Breeze Drive
Wellington, FL 33414
Florida 561.358.8249 Bogotá (+57) 316.889.3584
Seeking a specialist/leadership position commensurate to skills and abilities focusing on emerging geographic information system (GIS) applications.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience as a Geographic Information Systems Manager with emphasis on Intelligence, and aerial spray eradication operations.
• Strong proficiency in mission planning, risk mitigation for aerial spray
eradication operations and reconnaissance missions.
• Proven ability as a technical advisor and trainer to Colombia National Police.
• Real-world experience in battlefield planning and preparation, modeling battlefield objects with military standard practices to mitigate risk and enhance precision.
• Exceptional written and oral presentation skills to include diplomatic briefings at the Embassy level.
• Exposure to Airborne Digital Sensor platform.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Spanish language proficiency
DynCorp International, US Department of State, Airwing Section
Bogotá, Colombia: 011-57 (312) 324-8798
(July 2003 – October 2016)
Operations Mission Planner (December 2005 – October 2016)
• Use GIS applications to plan missions for aerial spray eradication. Pre-flight data is created and provided to pilot leads. Post-flight processing and evaluation depicting accuracy, quality, quantity, and analysis of spray chemical and create reported to upper management.
• Ensure all data and graphical records are correctly stored, managed, and up-to-date.
• Assist Colombian National Police, Colombian Military, and operations personnel in Bogotá as required with available imagery, maps, and planning data.
• Ensure that all-necessary data and up-to-date graphical records are maintained for tracking areas sprayed to avoid inadvertent re-spray.
• Troubleshoot and service the MDIS mission planning/evaluation software and hardware as required ensuring proper operation.
Geospatial Intelligence Manager (July 2003 – December 2005)
• Acting project manager for the Geospatial Intelligence department of the Department of State’s (DoS) Air Wing within the Plan Colombia program.
• Provide project management oversight and supervision for GEOINT mission planners.
• Determine task management priorities and collection activities for reconnaissance and analysis missions.
• Coordinate team schedules and deployments of GEOINT personnel to forward operating locations throughout the country of Colombia.
GIS ArcGIS 9, ArcView 3.x, Arc/Info, Intergraph MGE, GeoMedia Pro,
Trimble GPS (Certified), Pathfinder Office, Tri-Services SD Standards
CAD Bentley Microstation, AutoCAD Map
Image Processing Airborne Digital Sensor, Image Analyst, DeCartes (Microstation)
Other Anatech Eagle Scanner & associated software,
HP Plotters, DelNorte, G-4, MapStar, Flitetrac, Flightpath,
Bachelor of Arts (Geography, GIS/RS) Spring, 1997 --Florida Atlantic University--
Boca Raton, FL
Associates of Arts (Banking and Finance) Spring, 1993 --Northwood University--
West Palm Beach, FL [Entrepreneur Award 1993, Dean’s List 1991]
Note: References and comprehensive resume available.
Posted 2018-01-10 under Analyst, CAD, Cartography, Contract & Freelance, Geography, Geospatial, Government, Information Technology, Manager, Project Manager, Remote Sensing, Specialist