GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Sara Van Ningen
Bismarck, ND, USA
University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
Masters, Geographic Information Systems and Technologies projected graduation May 2020
North Dakota State University Fargo, ND
Bachelor of Science, Geology December 2014
City of Bismarck Bismarck, ND
GIS Intern June to September of 2019
Managed, digitized, edited, updated and published layers within an enterprise database and online map portal.
● Participated in the construction of an enterprise database
● Successfully developed a remotely sensed impervious surfaces map and performed quality assessment for the city
Metcalf Archaeological Consultants, Inc. Bismarck, ND
Archaeological Tech II August 2018 to September 2018
Perform mitigation and compliance work, pedestrian transects, archaeological surveys, excavation, collection and cataloging alongside Principle Investigators and Lead Archaeologists.
● Successfully preformed geoarchaeology, soils and geologic identification
● Responsible for equipment maintenance, technical reports, and laboratory preparation
YMCA Youth Development Center North Bismarck, ND
Youth Development – Teacher Assistant August 2017 to June 2019
Assist, create, develop, and implement curriculum while performing assessments on social and emotional developmental skills.
● Developed and implemented STEM curriculum in multiple classrooms
● Developed, implemented, constructed, and consulted in the formation of new curriculum and classroom design
Science Museum of MN. St. Paul, MN
Floor Staff– Gallery Supervisor/Visitor Experience Associate June 2004 to September 2016
Assist visitors with experimenting with science, technology, engineering, and math to learn about the world.
● Necessary skillsets required for the position: communication, attention to detail, critical thinking, adaptability, leadership and conflict resolution
● Assisted in information acquisition on various exhibits, prototypes, and outreach programs
Applications: TerrSet/IDRISI, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Esri ArcGIS Pro, Esri Collector, Esri online, Specify Database, PostgreSQL
Hardware: Trimble Geoexplorer 6000, Trimble Juno, EOS Arrow 100
Languages: proficient in German
Certifications: Geographic Information Systems and Technologies, April 2019
Other: Honors: Inducted into Gamma Theta Upsilon, The International Geographic Honor Society Survey: Geologic and Soils Survey of the Coleraine Formation at Hill Annex State Park, Calumet, MN, with the Paleontology Department at the Science Museum of MN in 2016 and Catalina Island Field Excursion for University of Southern California GIST Program June of 2018. Excavations: Paleontology Field Camp on Mesozoic Mammals of the White River Group in June of 2015 and paleontological excavations with the North Dakota Geologic Survey since June of 2017.
Sara Van Ningen
Posted 2019-08-09 under Analyst, Cartography, Database, Geology, Geospatial, Government, Hydrology, Land Use, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Research, Science, Specialist, Student, Surveying, Technician