GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Climate Resilience Analyst
Washington, DC, USA
Job Title: Climate Resilience Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN, Palo Alto, CA, or Washington, D.C.
Job Summary and Description:
Performs complex engineering/ scientific analysis with moderate direction and supervision. Works directly with EPRI staff and moderate interaction with members and industry.
• Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
• May conduct independent research.
• Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have satisfied requirements of entry level engineer/scientist and have 2-3 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required.
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Present research externally
• Understand how work fits across technical area
• Requires supervision and guidance to conduct specific research tasks and complete projects
• Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
• May participate in multiple projects
• Individual contributor
Additional Job Information:
The successful candidate will join the Energy Systems and Climate Analysis Group at EPRI, contributing to the project team with technical environmental/economic analyses and communications related to climate change impacts, adaptation, and resiliency, including:
Assessment and downscaling of climate scenarios and impacts;
Climate change and extreme events projections (assessment and application);
Global climate risks and economic damages;
Temperature Impacts on Electric Power (energy systems modeling, efficiency, CDDs, HDDs, variability) .
The ideal candidate would have:
A Master’s degree or above in a science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or economics field;
Experience using numerical models (e.g., simulation or optimization models) applied to energy-environmental-economic research;
Experience working with spatial data in R or GIS, including gridded data products for climate or weather analysis;
Familiarity with GAMS or similar modeling language strongly valued;
Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience;
A positive attitude, always committed to success and being a part of a team of business and technical professionals;
Curiosity and attention-to-detail balanced by focus on task-oriented goal completion.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
Apply online at vhr-epri.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/epricareers/job/Washington-DC/Climate-Resilience-Analyst_REQ-1019
Electric Power Research Institute
1600 W. Wt Harris Blvd
Charlotte, NC, 28262 USA
Posted 2020-09-09 under Engineering, Research, Science