GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
St. Petersburg, FL, USA
The Geospatial Technician will work in our production facility located in St. Petersburg, FL to support multiple Federal, State and Regional clients’ projects and programs. This position will primarily involve working within a 3D stereoscopic environment to edit digital elevation models to client specifications. Additional assignments may include 2D digitizing of features and attribution of those features into geodatabases in support of other departments. The ideal candidate will receive training by team members on proper techniques in stereo editing, compilation and standardized team processes.
- Editing auto-correlated terrain to within project specification standards
- Photointerpretation of geographic features from aerial and satellite imagery
- Stereo compilation of photogrammetric and topographic features
- Feature attribution and analysis
- Review of maps and other ancillary sources to add data value
- Georeferencing of source data and/or scanned maps
- Coordination and collaboration with the Team Leader, Project Manager and project team members on the progress of production
- Completion of all project forms, spreadsheets and checklists
- Attend training and/or meetings relating to job requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Consistently produces quality work to specification
- Precise stereo vision acuity
- Maintains excellent data management and file organization practices
- Demonstrates problem solving ability across software platforms
- Shows flexibility when being tasked
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shows aptitude for utilizing multiple geospatial software programs
- Demonstrates efficiency, accuracy in tasks, and organization
- Able to learn from mistakes and take constructive criticism
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
- Comfortable with ambiguity and limited direction
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients
- Knowledgeable and experience in commercial imagery photointerpretation and exploitation
- Knowledge of basic mapping and cartography
- Ability to read maps, understand coordinate systems, perform basic image enhancements and make conversions between formats
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of digital geospatial software: DAT/EM Summit Evolution, Socet GXP, Socet Set, MicroStation, AutoCAD, and ESRI ArcGIS or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- U.S. citizenship required to comply with government contract
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering program
- Professional certification
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical, professional work environment
- Experience in photogrammetry, surveying, cartography, civil engineering or related fields
- Secret level DoD security clearance
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online at workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=d0ce5a10-4427-4ee1-a051-733c61ff3f81&sid=cXVhbnR1bWluYw%3D%3D&jobId=145677&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Posted 2018-02-05 under Government, Technician