GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Atlanta, GA, USA
Quantum Spatial is actively recruiting a Cloud Engineer who possesses sound expertise in designing, deploying, and administering cloud services to support our platform product as well as custom applications. The Cloud Engineer will provide technical leadership for multiple public and private client-based project teams. The position is preferred to be located in St. Petersburg, FL, or Lexington, KY, but exceptional candidates will be considered for other locations. The candidate must be self-motivated with exceptional planning, critical thinking, analytical and communication skills.
- Architect Amazon Cloud infrastructure for development, test, and production products including data management, publishing web services, and application development
- Build cloud services to meet the specifications of custom and platform geospatial projects
- Design and implement Backup, Security and Disaster -
- Recovery strategies
- Administer servers by installing security patches, scripting database backup processes, and monitoring performance
- Work closely with IT to support best practices related to security, application optimization, business processes and issue resolutions
- Evaluate current cloud infrastructure and recommend improvements to security, scalability, and cost
- Identify and develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Apply software development lifecycle methodology to ensure quality applications are designed, developed and delivered
- Attend daily standup meetings and report progress to team
- Demonstrated experience deploying and administering solutions in Amazon Web Services
- Experience administering Windows Servers and IIS
- Understanding of SQL Server database configuration and administration
- Experience in scripting languages, particularly python
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time
- Works well with geographically dispersed teams
- Bachelorís degree or higher in science, engineering or related field
- Knowledge of ArcGIS for Server software including installation, configuration, optimization and creation of all currently available service types
- Experience with Linux and Apache
- Experience working in an agile development team environment using the scrum framework
- Experience using JIRA, ZenDesk, or similar issue tracking software
- Understanding of spatial domain (vector, imagery and LiDAR) and spatial data
- Experience in configuring and administering Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online
- DBA experience with SQL Server or Oracle
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online at workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=d0ce5a10-4427-4ee1-a051-733c61ff3f81&sid=cXVhbnR1bWluYw%3D%3D&jobId=141348&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Posted 2018-02-02 under Applications Developer