Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Blacksburg, VA, USA
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, Virginia Expected Graduation Date: May 2018
Bachelor of Arts, Geography | Minors: Geographic Information Systems, National Security & Foreign Affairs
Cumulative GPA: 2.84/4.0 | In-Major GPA: 3.27/4.0
• Skilled in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5.1, ArcGIS Pro 2.0, Esri’s Survey123, Collector, Insights, Adobe Pro DC/Photoshop/InDesign
• Familiar with QGIS, ERDAS Imagine, R, JMP, Pictometry CONNECT Explorer, Pycharm, Camtasia
• Esri MOOC Certifications: The Location Advantage, Going Places with Spatial Analysis
• Esri Instructor-led Training: Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts using Python
Esri, Vienna, VA Summer 2017
Solution Engineer Intern
• Visualized brownfields and superfund sites data from the EPA maintained CERCLIS database using Esri’s Insights web application. Presented a demonstration of this technology using their data to the EPA brownfields team in preparation for a meeting with Jack Dangermond (Esri), Albert Kelly (EPA), Ryan Jackson (EPA), and other members of both organizations.
• Built a site suitability analysis model using model builder in ArcGIS Pro 2.0. Referred to the UNHCR emergency standards handbook for planned settlements/camps to obtain relevant criteria to incorporate into the model such as topography requirements. Documented the analysis model in a python script using PyCharm. This model and its results were presented at Esri’s 2017 User Conference.
• Recorded a training video for the House of Representative’s ArcGIS Online Portal about how to map any statistic to congressional districts using ArcGIS Maps for Office Add-In to Excel, ArcGIS Online, and Camtasia.
• Created a survey for GEOINT 2017 participants using Survey123 and linked the survey results to display in an ArcGIS Summary Viewer web application.
Dean’s Office of the College of Natural Resources and Environment, Blacksburg, VA Sept. 2015-Present
• Filed, scanned, and organized financial and departmental records. Performed office related tasks as needed. Served on the logistics committee for the college’s first women’s conference which focused on diversity in the natural resources field. Assisted in preparing for other college events such as orientation, the annual career fair, the annual awards banquet, and the college’s 25th anniversary celebration.
Spring 2017 Field Study Spring 2017
• Identified and mapped ADA compliant and non-compliant features in the Town of Blacksburg using Pictometry CONNECT Explorer imagery. Measured the width and slope of sidewalks, making note of any obstructions. Recorded this data in ArcMap.
Summer 2016 Project Summer 2016
• Created a printable map of Fairfax County, Virginia using open source data and Adobe Photoshop to place different images within pre-created districts.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Reading Hour, Smart Beginnings of New River Valley Area Fall 2017
Kappa Kappa Gamma Women’s Fraternity Jan. 2015-Present
• Served as a steward of Fraternity tradition, decorum, and ritual.
• Served as a liaison between the Greek community and our chapter.
Geographic Society at Virginia Tech Sept. 2015-Present
• Attended monthly meetings and volunteered at booths to promote membership.
• Participated in Virginia Tech’s GeoWeek Mapathon, mapping critical areas for humanitarian efforts around the world.
Virginia Tech’s Big Event Spring 2015-Present
• Assisted with yard work and house work for members of the Blacksburg community.
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2017-10-11 under Geospatial