Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Largo, FL, USA
January 2022 - Current
Business Intelligence Senior Specialist, NTT Data Washington, D.C. (remote)
• Support USAID, BHA Division as the SME on Geospatial and GIS deployment using Tableau
• Collected data and developed data products to use in conjunction with Tableau to support improved situational awareness in and around humanitarian efforts spearheaded by USAID, including ongoing international conflicts in active warzones.
• Implemented training and access for the use of satellite imagery using MAXAR’s G-EGD platform for use in humanitarian efforts.
December 2019 – December 2021
Senior GIS Analyst, Port Tampa Tampa, FL, USA
• Collect historical data from physical documents, perform QA/QC, and move data into the SDE to ensure historical data is accessible and accurate.
• Input various port assets, including utilities, petroleum and chemical pipelines, aggregates, and infrastructure into the enterprise system.
• Drone operator in-training to assist with aerial photographs of Port real estate and infrastructure.
• Create Schemas for the ArcSDE Enterprise system to establish a data standard, so that contractors and other personnel properly collect data for special projects, new construction, and the ports infrastructure.
August 2019 – December 2019
GIS Analyst, Tesinc Tampa, FL, USA
• Ensured data accuracy for Verizon’s 5G Fiber Network using Arc Desktop and 3GIS to allow for construction of the network to commence.
• Maintained data integrity for assets to be constructed or assets already in place.
• Accurately submitted total mileage of fiber optic cable to Verizon for their markets in Raleigh- Durham, Indianapolis, and Milwaukee.
• Rapidly turned around Return to Construction (RTC) data so changes in design could be passed to the construction company.
• Worked with project drafters, engineers, and field crews to ensure data accuracy before submission to Verizon to keep the project running on schedule.
January 2018 – May 2019
Fulcrum Project Manager, Fulcrum St. Petersburg, FL, USA
• Primary responsibilities comprised of map/feature production using QGIS and PostgreSQL, data management/ETL, and asset management, including QA/QC and oversight of human capital.
• Successfully managed incoming data and identified inconsistencies, resulting in over $30,000 in savings to the company.
• Production of interactive AOI maps in foreign countries delivered to the NGA, resulting in better visualization of potentially hostile environments.
• Creation of forms (apps) in Fulcrum (proprietary platform) for collection of data on transportation, tourist information, port safety, and public health concerns. These forms are also used during and after natural disasters to assist in damage assessments, rescue, and recovery.
• Assurance of accuracy, quality, and relevance of incoming data to ongoing projects has helped to keep projects within or under budget while maintaining quality deliverables.
September 2016 – October 2017
Lead GIS Analyst, Geo Consulting Group International Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
• As lead GIS analyst, I supported MCB Camp Smedley D. Butler and MCIPAC. Specifically, I was the team lead on the contract to provide GIS solutions for the base Provost Marshall’s Office (PMO) and their emergency dispatch center as part of the USMC GEOFIDELIS program.
• GIS products included up-to-date evacuation area maps for tsunamis and other natural disasters.
• As a subject matter expert, I served as the primary liaison between civilian contractor employees and senior military staff to effectively communicate technical information to individuals unfamiliar with GIS software and terminology.
December 2009 – September 2016
GIS Specialist, St. Petersburg Police Department St. Petersburg, FL, USA
• As the sole GIS specialist for the St. Petersburg Police Department, I rebuilt the IDispatcher 911 Emergency map for the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system from the recumbent system into Geomedia Pro, resulting in a 100% increase in map updates and improved efficiency in officer response times, resulting increased citizen safety.
• During the 2012 Republican National Convention, I was selected to provide GIS support for the United States Secret Service, United States National Guard, and local law enforcement. I created maps of bomb blast zones, crowd control, and staging areas as well as VIP transportation routes, increasing convention participant safety.
• In collaboration with the Career Offender Tracking and Apprehension Unit, I geocoded 350 state certified gang members and violent offenders with the use of Geomedia Pro, significantly improving the monitoring of gang activity within the city of St. Petersburg.
May 2009 – November 2009
GIS Survey Team Lead, Manatee County Public Works Manatee, FL, USA
• While managing a team of utility technicians on a quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) project that proofed Manatee County’s underground utility infrastructure, I geocoded utilities and created feature classes to accurately reflect utility location, increasing the efficiency of the known utility inventory by 80%.
• Collaborated on storm water mapping projects using ESRI and Autodesk applications in response to the county’s need to improve hurricane preparedness for the population of Manatee County. These projects resulted in at least a 50% improvement in efficiency of the county’s infrastructure and flood mitigation solutions.
April 2008 – February 2009
GIS Software Specialist, Hexagon Madison, AL, USA
• As the primary GIS consultant for Intergraph Corporation, I provided education on the Hexgon Public Safety Solution software to potential clients and other GIS professionals, specifically for the creation and maintenance of 911 emergency maps and databases for public safety executive officers and command staff nationwide.
April 2007 – April 2008
Remote Sensing Analyst, Avineon, Inc. Clearwater, FL, USA
• Coordinated a land use/land cover project commissioned by the state of Florida with the use of Earth Resources Data Analysis System (ERDAS) Imagine software, Landsat images, aerial photographs and Google Earth images to correct inconsistencies in existing imagery, which culminated in the creation and availability of accurate maps of the state of Florida for use by the Florida Wildlife Commission.
University of South Florida St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
Bachelor of Arts, Criminology; Minor, Geography specializing in GIS
Advanced course work in: Geographic Information Systems, Digital Thematic Mapping, Remote Sensing of Environment, Regional & Human Geography, and Intermediate Sign Language
December 2005 – March 2006
GIS Technician Intern, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• Analyzed and produced map products for endangered and at-risk species for the southeast region of the United States using ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox, resulting in more efficient management for the Southeast Fisheries Division in the Protected Resources Department of NOAA.
Critical Management Skills, University of Notre Dame. Certificate earned July 2019
SQL & PostgreSQL
US Government Secret Clearance (active)
UNITED STATES MILITARY EXPERIENCE
United States Marine Corps June 1994 – June 1998
• While enlisted in the USMC, I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, California and Camp Schwab, Okinawa where I directed independent logistical ammunition support to all I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) units, totaling 10,000 Marines. I also managed and inspected over $100 million in inventory for all transportation and safety for subordinate units. My specialty training included Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) clean up and mass casualty preparedness, Introduction to Terrorism, Ammunition Storage and Ammunition Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) courses.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT SKILLS
• MAXXAR G-EGD
• SQL- PostgreSQL
• FME – ETL processes
• ESRI Suite
• Geomedia Pro
• Trimble GPS equipment
• Fulcrum, a Spatial Networks proprietary software platform
• ERDAS Imagine
• SQL database management
• MS Office Suite
• G Suite
Bill Dollins Ph: (240)-298-3807
Colin Kelly Ph: (717)-885-7533
Joel Eastman Ph: (770)-330-4801
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2023-02-26 under Consultant