Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Strathmore, AB, Canada
May 2019-February 2020
MAGNA Engineering Services Ltd.
• Collaboration – Working with our Engineering team to create figures and maps in CAD and GIS to support reports, drawing packages and other documentation for clients.
• Data Interpretation and Conversion – Sourcing, receiving, re-projecting and spatially adjusting data from CAD, GPS or other GIS formats to meet requirements for ArcGIS figure and map creation. Conversion from GIS formats to CAD for use in AutoCAD drafting projects.
• Data Management – Working with GIS team lead to create data standards, file organization, workflows, and processes.
• Engineering Services – Working with Engineers to create cost estimates, stormwater pipe routing and pipe slope calculations, broadband fibre optic alignments, and volume calculations.
• Report Writing – Preparing reports for Broadband Implementation Plans, GIS Business Development Plan, and collaboration on Community Broadband Infrastructure Master Plans.
August 2010-May 2019
Town of High River / MD of Foothills No. 31
High River, Alberta
• Capacity Building – Developed GIS capability from an externally hosted system to an in-house enterprise GIS department.
• Supervision – Responsibility for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and supervising GIS Technicians and Summer Students for the Town of High River and the High River Renewal office.
• Project Management – Directly responsible for, or supervised many major projects, including web map and application development, server configuration and administration, infrastructure correction, financial data clean-up, creation of parcel update processes, creating a common operating picture for an Emergency Operations Centre, Asset Management, and much more.
• User Education – Developed several means of educating and training users in GIS, including monthly Lunch & Learn sessions, weekly GIS Tip of the Week emails, development of How-To documents, and individualized training sessions.
• Collaboration – Working with internal and external stakeholders, such as Planning, Operations, Engineering, CRP Municipalities, and the Government of Alberta ESRD GIS Team, to achieve common project goals (Asset Management, Data Correction, Software Updates, Emergency Operations Centre Mapping, etc.).
November 2005-August 2010
Senior Mapping Technician
Shaw Cablesystems Mapping Services Department
• Project Management – Team lead on several major interdepartmental projects involving CAD/GIS interoperability, GIS analysis, data translation, and data acquisition.
• Customer Relations – Establishing and maintaining partnerships and data exchanges with a variety of data providers, including Altalis.
• Strategic Planning – Involved in planning many long-term initiatives for the Mapping/GIS department, including CAD to GIS conversion, wireless network data acquisition, and Fibre Optics network analysis.
• Continuous Learning – Participated in many opportunities for continued development of skills in a variety of conferences and courses.
• Technical – Developed many GIS solutions for the analysis of our cable network using a variety of software.
August 2005-November 2005
GIS Mapping / Environmental Technician
EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd
Kelowna, British Columbia.
• Technical – Creation of maps and GIS analysis for a variety of projects using ESRI ArcGIS 9.0 and ArcView.
• Proposal Development - Preparation of proposals, budget and work estimates for potential projects.
• Report Writing – Creation of final written reports to be submitted to clients.
September 1998- July 2005
Media Technician and Shift Supervisor
University of Calgary – Communications Media Department
• Supervisory – Afternoon Shift Manager (10 employees) including staff scheduling, performance review, conflict resolution and performance management.
• Decision Making – Scheduling staff into special assignments and determining coverage for illness or absence.
• Problem Solving – Troubleshooting of complex audio and video problems in high pressure situations.
• Customer Service – Dealing directly with clients to meet their needs.
• Teamwork - Coordinating with fellow employees in the set up and operation of complex audio/video equipment.
• Self Direction – Responsible for independently booking and coordinating classroom deliveries in a timely manner.
Canada Task Force 2
Canada Task Force 2 is a multi-disciplinary disaster response team. As a member of the planning team I provided mapping and logistics support on several exercises and a deployment to the 2016 Fort McMurray wildfire, where I was part of the team that developed a rapid damage assessment and web interface.
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.