Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
I am a highly motivated GIS Professional interested in engaging in and GIS work. I have extensive experience in habitat mapping utilizing an object-based approach with remotely sensed data. I have over 6 years of GIS experience in both academic and professional environments and contribute well in both collaborative and independent environments.
Proficient in ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, Trimble eCognition Architect/Developer, Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with Python, SPSS, ENVI, Google Earth
M.S. in Geography, August 2016
University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Gamma Theta Upsilon 2015
B.A. in History and Geology with an Archaeology Minor, August 2014
Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI
Dean’s List 8 of 8 Semesters attended
GIS Specialist II for Cherokee Nation Technologies at the U.S. Geological Survey’s Wetland and Aquatic Research Center, Lafayette, Louisiana, September 2016 to Present
I am serving as the primary GIS Specialist working on the Barrier Island Comprehensive Monitoring Program (BICM2), which is a Louisiana-wide coastal habitat classification project. To complete this project, I utilize LiDAR data and Color Infrared Aerial Photography, along with Trimble eCognition, ERDAS Imagine, and ArcGIS (ArcMap, ModelBuilder, Catalog) to classify habitats. Using eCognition Developer, I employ an object-oriented approach in part by creating rulesets, which I modify as necessary, depending on the specific imagery. I also engage in manual editing when needed. Using similar methodologies, I also have classified habitats for various other projects. I largely work independently to complete these projects.
● Classifying barrier islands and coastal habitats using an object-oriented approach
● Serving as a data reviewer for habitat classifications
● Assisting in the quality assurance/quality control process
● Utilizing ModelBuilder to semi-automate tasks
● Pre-Processing data (including mosaicking, clipping, reprojecting, and transforming the vertical datum of DEMs, and creating NDVI Imagery and Principal Components
● Georeferencing Imagery
● Correcting Topology
● Creating Maps
● Creating Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for different GIS processes
● Delegating, providing clear instructions, and answering questions for other employees
● Using analytical skills to minimize the number of iterations needed for a Python Script
● Assisting in the creation of draft protocols when needed
Research and Teaching Assistant for the University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, August 2014 to May 2016
Conducted research regarding Environmentally Sensitive Lands (ESLs) in the Midwest. Duties included GIS-based modeling and creating and implementing a new distance factor to a soil erodibility model. Assisted in research for land-use/land-cover change in the Midwest. Used Envi+IDL and Erdas Imagine to create pan sharpened images. Independent Lab Instructor for "Principles of Remote Sensing" and "Interpretation of Aerial Photographs.” Instructed both graduate and undergraduate students, answered student questions, and graded lab reports.
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.