Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
San Francisco, CA, USA
San Francisco, CA
To obtain a position working within the GIS community where I can build upon my passion for maps while providing experience in data analytics and geoprocessing tools.
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 1997-2001
BA Environmental, Population, and Organismic Biology
BA Geography (GIS tract)
City College of San Francisco 2013-2016
Certificate in Java Programming
Sanborn Map Co July 2017 – Present
Federal contractor at Regional United States Forest Service office
• Develop Python script to automate Spatial analysis of Endangered Species databases
• Collaborate with regional Forest GIS coordinators to produce MVUM maps
• Perform QA/QC of regional GIS roads and trails data
FlowWest August 2016 – November 2016
Staff Data Scientist
• Develop software solutions to refine models of Chinook Salmon life cycle in Central Valley
• Debug and develop Python scripts to refine datasets of water quality
• Perform GIS analysis of Land Use change for Solano County
Google December 2015 – July 2016 Technical Operations Specialist
• Provide Developers support integrating the Android Pay API into mobile app buy flow.
• Support Operations and Technical Managers develop workflows and improve processes.
• Assist Engineers with testing new build to API prior to release of Core update
Apple April 2015 – August 2015
GIS Data Technician
• Assessed, validated, and enhanced world location data for metrics and consumer application.
• Supported team in data creation of polylines of road network connectivity.
• Provided technical services within the team through iMac setup and software installation.
• Assisted management with specification development and their application in data creation.
YouTube June 2014 – April 2015
• Provided direction to team on proper response to partner inquiries about flagged issues.
• Directed team on status of resolution to current bugs within data and platform architecture.
• Assist partners with ingestion failures delivering content through DDEX or XML.
• Acted as a global liaison between Asian and LatAm technology managers.
• Provided leadership for team in queries and analysis of assets and claims.
City and County of San Francisco, CA October 2007- April 2008
• Provided department lead direction on how to improve current infrastructure.
• Weekly collected updates to sewer infrastructure via data ingestion.
• Updated the database of sewer network data via AutoCAD and prioritized schedules for repairs.
CDFA/USDA Modesto, CA February 2003- April 2003
• Created maps to direct county workers to locate the spread of Exotic Newcastle Disease.
• Supervised staff on how to perform spatial analysis in Arc Toolbox .
• Instructed staff on how to perform spatial analysis of locations known to have disease.
UC-Berkeley CAMFER Lab October 2002- February 2003
RA II-GIS Analyst
• Directed staff on how to develop a backup server with Apache 2.042 + Tomcat 4.0.
• Installed ArcIMS 4.0 and performed updates to the Oakmapper website.
• Setup an IBM DB2 RDBMS with ArcSDE 8.2 for data storage.
NOAA/NGDC Solid Earth Geophysics Division Boulder, CO August 2001- Oct 2002
Geospatial Data Technician
• Directed staff on how to administer ArcIMS map services to serve spatially-enabled databases through ArcSDE onto Internet websites.
• Utilized spatial analysis tools to convert point data to polygons with IDW technique to represent drought level change over time across the United States.
• Performed overlay analysis to correlate annual precipitation and temperature data layers to determine ecological region.
NOAA/NGDC Solid Earth Geophysics Division Boulder, CO August 1997- August 2001
Geographic Information Systems Operator (Work Study Internship)
• Created conversion procedures for moving data between different GIS platforms.
• Supervised a team that developed a RDBMS for Metadata documentation.
• Completed project that developed improved methods for delineating ecologically determined regions based on underlying criteria.
RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
GIS: ArcGIS 10.4, QGIS, ArcPy, FME, ModelBuilder, Spatial Analyst, Arc Toolbox
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2018-02-10 under Science