Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Baltimore, MD, USA
Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
January 2017 December 2017
North Carolina State University
Bachelors of Science in Environmental Soil and Water Science
August 2007 - May 2015
University of Arkansas
Major GPA 3.33
Intern. NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management at North Carolina State University.
May 2017 December 2017
Address: 1730 Varsity Drive, STE 110 NCSU Centennial Campus, Raleigh, NC 27606
Supervisor: Dr. Yu Takeuchi, Risk Analyst, USDA/APHIS/NSF CIPM
Role: I worked on the initial stages of a nationwide honey bee health study, compiling information about honey bee biology, crop phenology anad physiology, and climate data as they relate to honey bee success.
Research Assistant. Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology, North Carolina State University. Coby Schals Urban Entomology Lab.
June 2015 November 2017
Address: 3109 Gardner Hall NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695
Supervisor: Dr. Zachary DeVries. Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology. Advised by Coby Schal.
Role: Bedbug physiology and behavior including host attraction and cuticular hydrocarbon composition and function. Day to day Im responsible for feeding and sorting bed bugs, running behavioral assays, and assorted data analyses.
Undergraduate Research Assistant. Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Science, University of Arkansas. Nilda Burgos Weed Physiology Lab.
September 2013 May 2014
Address: 1366 W. Altheimer Dr. Fayetteville, AR 72704
Role: I assisted graduate students with herbicide efficacy tests for various weeds, including those in the genus Amaranthus and barnyard grass, field crops, soy beans and corn, and minor use crops including tomato and snap pea.
Undergraduate Research Assistant. Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Science, University of Arkansas. Pengyin Chens Soybean Breeding and Genetics Lab.
March 2012 August 2013
Address: Agronomy Field Laboratory 1091 W. Cassatt St. Fayetteville, AR 72704
Supervisor: Tina Hart
Role: I was responsible for field mapping, planting, irrigation, weed management, seed sorting and organization, and analysis of nutrient content in thousands of soybean varieties.
Computers and Programming
Remote Sensing and Image Analysis (ERDAS Imagine, ArcMap)
Geospatial Modeling (GRASS GIS, ArcMap, ArcScene, QGIS, Python, ArcPy)
Cartography (QGIS, ArcMap)
Statistical Analysis (R, Python)
Video Tracking (CTRAX, Matlab)
Pesticide Residue Analysis (GC-MS, wet bench work)
Allergen Analysis (ELIZA)
Bed Bug Behavior (olfactometer design, activation and attraction)
1. DeVries ZC, Mick R, Balvνn O, and Schal C. 2017. Aggregation behavior and reproductive compatibility in the family Cimicidae. Scientific Reports 7:13163. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-12735-3.
2. DeVries ZC, Mick R, and Schal C. 2016. Feel the heat: Activation, orientation, and feeding responses of bed bugs to targets at different temperatures. Journal of Experimental Biology 219(23):3773-3780. doi: 10.1242/jeb.143487.
Manuscripts in Review or in Preparation for Publication
1. DeVries ZC, Santangelo R, Crissman J, Mick R, Suazo A, and Schal C. (In Review). Cost-benefit analysis of do-it-yourself pesticide products: A case of social injustice? Environmental Health Perspectives.
Professional Presentations (* indicates presenter)
1. DeVries ZC*, Santangelo R, Crissman J, Mick R, Suazo A, and Schal C. 2017. Efficacy and exposure risks of total release foggers. The International Society for Exposure Science Annual Meeting. Durham, NC.
2. DeVries ZC*, Mick R, and Schal C. 2016. Baiting for bed bugs: Is it possible? North Carolina Entomological Society. Raleigh, NC (Ph.D. student award).
3. DeVries ZC*, Mick R, Balvνn O, Schal C.2016.Reproductive compatibility and aggregation fidelity among populations and host-associated lineages of bed bugs, Cimex lectularius. International Congress of Entomology. Orlando, FL (Oral Presentation).
4. DeVries ZC*, Mick R, and Schal C. 2016. Orientation of bed bugs to thermal cues. National Conference on Urban Entomology. Albuquerque, NM (Ph.D. student scholarship).
5. DeVries ZC*, Mick R, and Schal C. 2016. Thermosensory behavior of bed bugs in host location. W.M. Keck Center for Behavioral Biology 17th Annual Student and Postdoc Symposium. Raleigh, NC (Oral Presentation).
6. DeVries ZC*, Mick R, and Schal C. 2016. Feel the heat: Activation, orientation, and feeding responses of bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) to different temperatures. Entomological Society of America-Southeastern Branch Meeting. Raleigh, NC (Oral Presentation).
Outreach, Extension, and Community Activities
BugFest: Urban entomology presentation to the public (over 35,000 visitors annually). Raleigh, NC (2015-2016)
BugFest: Center for Integrated Pest Management presentation to the public. Raleigh, NC (2017)
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2018-01-11 under Intern