Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Anonymous Job Seeker
Cypress, TX, USA
+1 (281) 541-6583
A Recent Graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a Bachelor of Science in Geography. Experienced
working with large amounts of data and using GIS applications, spreadsheet applications, and manual data manipulation.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science - Geography – University of North Carolina at Charlotte - Charlotte, NC, August 2015 - May 2019
Concentrations in: Geographic Information Science & Technology (GIS) and Urban & Regional Planning
Human Subject Data Collection (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative [CITI] - Research Ethics and
Compliance Training) Certified – 2018
07/1980 – 07/2000 Petty-Officer First Class: Sonar Technician/Ocean Systems Technician Analyst, US Navy
* Analyzed and tracked passive sonar contacts of interest.
* Utilized GIS system to maintain contact geodatabases.
* Honorably discharged.
* Held Secret security clearance.
* ESRI ArcGIS (ArcGIS Desktop, SDE, ArcCatalog,
ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online)
* Safe Software FME
* Pitney Bowes MapInfo Pro
* Google Earth Pro
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Google G-Suite
- Docs, Sheets, Slides, Hangouts
* Harris Geospatial ENVI
* Microsoft Office 365
- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
* Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris
02/2020 – 08/2020 GIS Analyst I - Ervin Cable Construction, LLC - Houston, TX (Remote: March – August 2020)
Under minimal supervision by Project Coordinator and GIS Analyst II worked on several projects including:
* Created geodatabases using ESRI ArcGIS and Safe Software FME to generate maps of underground and aerial
fiber optic cable installation projects.
* Modified ArcGIS Model Builder and Safe Software FME models to create geodatabases and KMZ files.
* Generated Google KMZ and shapefiles after extraction from 3-GIS production GIS server.
* Interpreted engineering CAD drawings, converting length notations between display systems.
* Validated and updated workflow tracking in Smartsheets.
* Quality checked engineering CAD drawings against 3-GIS client system maps.
* Utilized Google Hangouts for daily scheduled and ad hoc team meetings.Philip Schroeder (Continued) +1 (281) 541-6583
07/2019 – 08/2019 Census Field Supervisor - US Department of Commerce - Charlotte, NC (100% Remote)
Under direct supervision of a Census Filed Manager:
* Oversaw the training, daily work, and timely submission of work hours and other required reports from
assigned Census Listers.
* Updated address, geographic location, and property details in Census geodatabase.
06/2014 – 10/2014 Project Coordinator - Goddard Technical Services - Charlotte, NC
Under direct supervision of the General Manager:
* Created trouble tickets for computer system, component, or network issues via phone and email.
* Monitored current alerts on internal and client networks.
* Assigned trouble tickets to technical staff to resolve issues based on their skill level and availability.
* Used Microsoft Dynamics CRM to track work, task schedules, and completion.
* Created daily and weekly reports of work completed.
* Accepted business mail and processed equipment deliveries for deployment to client locations and RMA
shipments to hardware vendors.
05/2007 – 02/2014 Programming & Development Specialist - Americall International - Tacoma, WA (Remote: 2010 –
Under limited input or supervision by General Manager and Client-Services Coordinator, worked remotely from
Charlotte, NC, using Microsoft Remote Desktop sessions.
* Built and modified complex call center scripts used by customer service agents.
* Created and updated databases and basic Microsoft SQL queries used both with scripts and for generating
ad hoc reports.
* Troubleshot reported errors, monitored script utilization, and performance.
* Created Microsoft PowerPoint presentations used in training.
* Used Sugar CRM to track work, task schedules, and completion.
* Improved client perception of the company by providing excellent service on time.
* Enhanced data reporting and repaired legacy broken reports, improving customer satisfaction.
* Worked with clients to improve data submitted, enabling faster turn-around of change requests.
* Acted with Training and Operations to improve the process for developing agent scripts, enabling better
service to clients and their customers.
* USDA Certificate of Merit (with cash award)
* Two Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medals
* Two Navy Unit Commendations
* Four Navy Good Conduct Medals
* National Defense Service Medal
* Two Navy & Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon
* Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
* American Association of Geographers
* Urban & Regional Information Systems Association
* American Legion
Anonymous Job Seeker
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.