Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Hudson, WI, USA
Scott T. Repphun
719 Glenna Drive, Hudson, WI 54016
(920) 740-8480, Repphun.Scott@gmail.com
Hennepin County- Survey Division, Minneapolis, MN, Sr. Engineering Technician June 2012 – June 2017
• Create and maintain custom ArcGIS tools + scripts used for editing and geoprocessing; built using C#/VB .NET and Python.
• Facilitate upgrade from ArcGIS 9.3.1 to 10.1 and 10.3.
• Migrate and rebuild ArcSDE SQL server database, including recreating SQL automation scripts and SSIS packages. Also assist with administering the ArcSDE database.
• Build ArcGIS models and python scripts to support editing (COGO, plat checking, E-911) and extraction workflows.
• Frequently tasked with creating physical maps for presentation to the county commission, typically for the Tax Forfeiture group. This involves tailored data requiring geolocation and combination with additional, relevant data not originally available to the raw data providers.
• Creation of several ArcGIS Online maps and apps for use both internally and publicly. Uses have been locating county auction properties and county foreclosures, tracking and editing property in the process of forfeiture, and locating and recording culverts in the field.
• Work part time on the field crew, performing monument maintenance, asset location and boundary + topographical surveys. Experience using both GPS and Total Station equipment.
• Responsible with administrator privileges to install new and upgraded software on division computers.
• Receive data in many different forms (txt, excel, etc.), and must convert it to a shapefile or, most likely, a geodatabase feature. Also responsible for extracting and distributing county data to various entities on a monthly basis.
Ramtech Software SolutionsTier 3 Inc, Stillwater, MN, Sr. GIS Technician June 2007 – June 2012
• Direct the assembly and processing of quarterly data updates for high profile clients
• Oversee all levels of data processing procedure - download data from vendor, process data to individualized client specifications, provide data directly to client by set deadlines.
• Provide timely and efficient resolutions for clients with technical challenges associated with data delivery. Act as liaison to vendor when necessary for problem resolution.
• Maintain positive client relationships by establishing best practices and serving as primary point of contact in order to provide quality customer support.
• Act as subject matter expert to leadership by researching and presenting available imagery and landbase options for new client projects
• Direct Strand Quality Assurance process in Cable utility digitization project using MicroStation.
• Digitize, perform Quality Assurance on digitized work, and communicate project issues and changes with colleagues. Coach overseas contractors on project progression and QA opportunities.
• Prepare and run processes and perform QA in ArcGIS for gas/electric utility Conflation projects.
• Analyze vegetation type and update databases in areas surrounding utility lines using aerial photos in ArcGIS.
Mississippi River Regional Planning Commission, La Crosse, WI, GIS Intern December 2005 – May 2006
• Create and modify floodplain maps and maps identifying government structures and manufacturing companies.
• Modify easement databases.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations for county manufacturing capability and inter-county comparison.
• Digitize County Floodplain maps.
• Pervasive use of ArcGIS: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ModelBuilder, ArcGIS Online
• Comfortable and very familiar with SQL Server Management Studio mostly from occasional high-intensity tasks
• Several hours and a dozen projects in Microsoft Visual Studio
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
Bachelor of Science – December 2006
Geography – Geographic Information Systems Concentration
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2018-02-19 under Specialist