Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Coraopolis, PA, USA
GIS Engineer FedEx Ground Pittsburgh, PA 2012-Sept 2020
• Building an enterprise GIS (eGIS) infrastructure to create a set of common services, data, and applications using the Scaled Agile Framework/Scrum methodology. Work with business and IT teams around the world (FedEx Corporation) to adopt eGIS maps and services: common services and tools to reduce the costs and simplify the process for integrating geospatial functionality into existing and new business applications
• Create proof-of-concept applications that integrate GIS functionality and services into workflows to demonstrate the value of GIS for different FedEx business areas
• Primary contact for the eGIS business team
• Worked with developers to create repeatable test cases and identify defects
• Meet with adopters (FedEx business areas) around the world to determine their GIS needs, define solutions, and timeframes for completion
• Serve as the adoption lead for the eGIS team
• Provide end user support for production GIS systems, applications, and data used to provide operational support
• Document features and user stories for the development of new GIS solutions
• Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure that the developed functionality meets the needs of the FedEx business organizations
• Utilize ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, cartography, web-based GIS solutions that our team develops to find solutions to GIS problems for FedEx business areas
• Team award FedEx Information Technology Hall of Fame FXG Delivery Optimization
• Business lead for IT Modernization project for Enterprise GIS as part of a corporate wide initiative
• Design and build a SharePoint site for FXG GIS team that houses links, GIS data, and GIS work that must be accessed by other FXG employees
CALIPER, INC.--CONTRACTOR TO THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT, Richmond, VA 2010-2012
VIPER (Virginia Interoperability Picture for Emergency Response)
Project Lead/GIS Analyst
• Lead for the transition plan for a new, updated common operating picture for the agency/emergency operations center (EOC). This transition encompassed eight new servers, updated GIS software, migration of all spatial data to SDE/SQL Server, and a three tier GIS architecture.
• With the GIS Manager, managed the dynamic data that were downloaded to the VIPER servers via python scripts, as well as the static GIS data that were shown in VIPER.
• One of two primary points of contact for server-side GIS for the agency. Supported the Mapping/GIS unit during emergency situations.
Master of Arts, Geography. Specialization in Geographic Information Science and Systems. School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning. Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
References furnished upon request
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2020-09-29 under Geospatial