Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Owensboro, KY, USA
Samuel C. Dotson
Check this site out- https://samdotson1992.github.io/KY_beer/
• Python: Used to automate map generation, update attribute fields and create tools in ArcGIS.
• GIS: Knowledge of ESRI products (ArcMap, ArcScene and ArcCatalog), Cartographic design,
Network Analyst, editing layers and basic GIS concepts- (clip, dissolve, attribute selection, union &
raster calculator) and some knowledge of QGIS.
• Data science/ statistics: Model building in SAS, R, SQL, basic statistical knowledge - (ANOVA, TTest,
Chi-square and linear regression) & Basic data mining knowledge- (Naive Bayes and K-means).
• Other: Adobe Illustrator & Windows and Linux command prompt.
Kelly Services / GIS Specialist
- January 2017 to October 2017
- Contracted out to Vectren’s electrical asset management department to aid the pole repair
and replacement program
- Designing a more comprehensive template for work order maps with an eye for cartographic
design and functionality.
- Using the Google Maps’ API to reverse-geocode coordinates through PowerShell scripting.
Upper Cumberland Development District / GIS Intern
- May 2016 to August 2016
- Geo-spatial analysis, Python scripting and cartographic design.
Tennessee Technological University / Graduate assistant
- August 2015 to December 2016
- Digitizing a geologic cross-section using Adobe Illustrator.
- Studying possible groundwater seepage into Center Hill Lake using thermal infrared
imagery sourced from Landsat 8 and ASTER.
- Data visualization using R for an article published to the Geologic Society of America.
Education - Tennessee Technological University
Professional Science Master’s in Environmental Informatics
- Graduated in December 2016 / 3.5 GPA
More information at: https://www.tntech.edu/is/ses/psm/psmei
Interdisciplinary Studies B.A. focusing on in GIS & Natural Sciences
- Graduated in May 2015 / 3.5 GPA
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.