Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Seattle, WA, USA
- Earned a Bachelor of Science in Geography with distinction having maintained a GPA of 3.42/4.00.
- Chosen to accompany researchers to the Canadian Arctic twice to assist in data collection, equipment maintenance and set-up for multiple Masters and Ph.D. students conducting field research.
- Chosen to oversee multiple projects at Planta Landscape as a team lead and site foreman, leading a team of colleagues and communicating with customers to effectively solve any problems presented as work progressed.
- Won over $10,000 in funding through proposal writing for remote sensing research involving the processing of satellite data.
- Analytical Research - Time Management
- Data Analysis - Project Management
- Team Building/Leadership - Written Communication
- Report Writing - Critical Thinker
- Dependable - GIS Analysis
- Geospatial Analysis - Research
Dr. John Yackel University of Calgary | Cambridge Bay & Resolute Bay, NU, Canada | Summer of 2014, 2012
Chosen, a second time in 2014, to accompany researchers to the Canadian Arctic to assist in data collection, equipment maintenance and set-up for multiple Masters and Ph.D. students conducting field research. Synthesized previous year's satellite and meteorological data as a contribution to an ongoing research project to identify a signal' in satellite data for the onset of seasonal sea-ice melt, which could be used to aid in the modeling of Arctic ice melt in climate models.
- Won Northern Scientific Training Program and National Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada funding for the field research and related research project respectively.
- Processed QuikSCAT satellite data using Perl scripts, and modeled sea-ice temperature from Environment Canada weather data using R scripts.
- Analyzed time series meteorological data, using Excel, for previous research years and graphed data in preparation for publication.
- Assisted a diverse group of Ph.D. and Master's students from across Canada in the field, with hourly collection of sea-ice cores using auger equipment, and biomass sampling
- Aided in the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of a sea-ice based meteorological station, remote sensing equipment, and generators with great efficiency in a harsh environment.
- Provided field senior and lead researchers with detailed field and research reports for progress updates and to record methodologies.
- Guided local schoolchildren through activities on the sea-ice, teaching them about the physical properties of ice and snow and basic research methods. Completed as part of the Northern Scientific Training Program.
DB Schenker | Delta, BC, Canada | 2016-2017
Warehouse Associate - Receiving
Led a team of receivers within 4 weeks, ensuring the product was distributed to the correct department and received in the electronic system accurately. Checked product and quantity with purchase orders with a high-degree of accuracy.
- Successfully maintained a team average of at least 60 boxes per hour, per person.
- Effectively trained team members in all aspects of the receiving system.
- Consistently received over 1,200 regular sized boxes per shift during my final 6 consecutive weeks.
School Specialty Canada | Langley, BC, Canada | 2016
Seasonal Order Entry Advocate
Maintained a high-degree of accuracy when processing customized orders into Oracle system, and processing approved custom artwork and documentation for use in student, parent, and teacher planners.
- Efficiently processed customer orders, credits, and rebills throughout the season with a high-degree of accuracy.
- Responded to customer phone calls and e-mails promptly, resolving any issues with artwork and documentation whilst maintaining production deadlines.
- Escalated customer inquiries and concerns to the appropriate supervisor to determine an expeditious resolution.
- Practiced excellent attention-to-detail whilst previewing artwork for inaccuracies, errors, and copyright issues.
Racks Unlimited | Calgary, AB, Canada | 2014-2015
Identified and evaluated each customers needs and assisted in the selection of products which best suited them.
- Answered telephone and e-mail inquiries promptly and courteously.
- Installed product with care onto vehicles.
- Led associates and managers in a company-wide sales competition for highest monthly sales February 2015.
Planta Landscape | Calgary, AB, Canada | 2011-2013, 2015
Seasonal Landscaper, Team Lead
Managed projects to completion whilst providing excellent customer service and supervising up to 6 team members. Efficiently coordinated the delivery of materials to sites around Calgary.
- Promoted to a team lead in my second season and given the responsibility of driving a truck and small trailer.
- Prioritized project tasks and delegated tasks to team members to ensure timely project completion.
- Responded to client requests during projects and provided suggestions based on extra labor and material involved.
- Calculated project costs in terms of material, supplies, and labor used for the operations manager to review.
- Chosen to lead all company projects when the operations manager unexpectedly needed a leave of absence.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher), ArcGIS, ENVI
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:Management of Urban Infrastructures (edX) 2017/ Introduction to Environmental Law & Policy (Coursera) 2017 / Introduction to Sustainability (Coursera) 2017 / Public Policy Challenges of the 21st Century (Coursera) 2017 / Try SQL (Code School) 2015 / Try R (Code School) 2015 / Try Python (Code School) 2015 / The Sequel to SQL (Code School) 2015 / Flying Through Python (Code School) 2015 / Renewable Energy Technologies, Introduction to Environmental Management (University of Calgary Continuing Education) 2014
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Northern Scientific Training Program Award 2014, 2012
- Undergraduate Student Research Award / Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada 2014
- Faculty of Arts Deans List 2012, 2014
- TECTERRA Future Geomatics Leaders Award in Geography 2011
VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE Forgotten Dogs Rescue / Evergreen / East Kootenay Conservation District / Wildsight
INTERESTS Reading, walking, travel, experiencing new cultures, swimming, dog training.
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.