Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Petaluma, CA, USA
69 Eastside Circle
Petaluma, California 94954
818-738-3378 • firstname.lastname@example.org • linkedin.com/in/ryan-magowan
Experience in developing GIS mapping and environmental planning/conservation with engineering techniques. Seeking a job opportunity to leverage knowledge of GIS analysis, environmental conservation/regulations/laws and land management skills in a collaborative environment.
Cruise Automation - Mapping Technician (6-month Contract) November 2018 – Current
Design and development technology of autonomous vehicles
• GIS Map production for autonomous vehicles. Creates routes, polygons and roads using QGIS mapping software.
• Processes LiDAR data from autonomous vehicle to produce maps
• Organizes geospatial information by utilizing and understanding different verticals within the mapping department
• Understands Data analysis, collection, processing, map production and geodatabase interaction
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Collaborates well with team members on multiple projects
Ecolo-GIS, Tel Aviv, Israel – GIS Analyst Intern July - August 2018
Environmental consulting firm specializing in remote sensing and GIS for ecological conservation and natural resource
• Worked with Sorek-Lachish Drainage Authority on digitized river polygons on Ortho-photos to environmentally plan
the pathways for maximum ecological efficiency.
• Created maps of Northern Israeli forests to show areas of species richness and structure.
Pepperwood Reserve - GIS Internship February – May 2018
Conservation Science Center and Nature Preserve, providing comprehensive environmental education and research.
• Worked with SSU GIS Professor to monitor bird recordings within the Pepperwood Preserve by using Arbimon
• Used spatial analysis techniques via GIS products, mapped overall bird recordings and measured how the birds were affected
by the burn area from the Tubbs Fire.
Sonoma State University - Land Management Internship January – May 2017
• Worked with local environmental agencies, training to properly manage different ecosystems via land management techniques.
• Installed culverts, cut down fire prone foliage, removed invasive species that affected native habitats.
• Knowledgeable at Identifying native California plant species.
Sonoma State University, Culinary Services – Food Prep and Server August 2015 – May 2018
• Worked with chef to prepare food, knowledge of specific food prep and knife and sanitization skills
• Managed stock and inventory. Served meals in fast-paced environment
Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies, minor in Geography, May 2018
Sonoma State University - Rohnert Park, California
• GIS Mapping; LiDAR Tiles, Spatial Analysis Techniques
• Proficient: QGIS, ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, Arbimon Software Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledgeable: Python, SQL
References available upon request
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2019-04-11 under Entry Level