Resumes by Category
Contract & Freelance
Sales & Marketing
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
(801) 856-6031 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 4391 S Wander Lane, Salt Lake City, UT 84124
I am a self-starter, fast learner, and motivated individual who is looking to begin my GIS career and expand my skillset within the geography field. I am interested in environmental, conservation, energy, and civil GIS focuses.
Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS programs
• Wide range of GIS skills
• Geospatial statistics
• Database creation and management
• SQL scripting
• Some surveying experience with GPS receiver, total station, compass, plum-bob and rope, hand level, clinometer
• Some RStudio experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
University of Utah
Bachelors of Science
Geography with an emphasis in GIS
Related Coursework: : Intro to GIS, Methods in GIS, Biogeography, Regional and Global Climate Change, GeoData Field Methods, Geographic Analysis, Cartography, Resource Conservation and Management, Into to GeoProgramming, Web GIS, Capstone in GIS
Dean’s list for 6 semesters
Member of the National Society of Leadership and Success
Conducted professional level projects, and presented conference quality posters
August 2014 – May 2018
Utah Department of Natural Resources | Capstone Project
This was an internship-like opportunity completed in my last undergrad semester. Assigned to a small group, worked with the Utah Division of Wildlife GIS team to define nine different species’ ranges.
• Accomplished identifying species’ winter and summer ranges with convex hulls, using minimum bounding geometry.
• Executed a predictive statistical model that defined the likelihood of a species being found in currently unmapped territory.
• Delivered to the client: sorted geodatabase, professional maps demonstrating results, professional written report.
• Presented results in front of client, class, and other GIS professionals from Utah. January 2018 – May 2018
McCarty Salon | Receptionist
In charge of answering calls, scheduling appointments for 8 independent stylists, data entry, sorting, and management for product deliveries, and the general tidiness of the salon.
• Positive customer service, knowing the minute details of many schedules, and being able to answer customers’ question are crucial in this position.
• This is a single person department, but it is necessary to take direction from many different people. July 2015 – present
You must be a registered/logged in employer to contact job seekers.
Posted 2018-11-28 under Geography