GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Denver, CO, USA
Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO - a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for 1.8 million people in the Denver Metro area.
General Statement of Duties & Organizational Responsibilities
Under limited direction, oversees all aspects of coordination and management of a company-wide Geographic Information System (GIS). Position is responsible for performing administrative, professional, and technical work including coordinating data processing activities. Works in the Quality Control Division of the Engineering Department under the general direction of the BIM/CAD Administrator, but will coordinate many efforts with the Information Technology Division within the Administrative Services Department.
1. Summarizes goals and objectives into a GIS strategic plan focused on achieving organizational goals.
2. Establishes and documents standards, policies and procedures necessary to ensure a consistent approach to development of a GIS infrastructure and related applications.
3. Plans and coordinates work requirements with the BIM/CAD Administrator and other staff responsible for acquiring, projecting, and processing of spatial and tabular data to support GIS systems.
4. Coordinates and develops applications to facilitate sharing of information across Departments and as appropriate, other governmental agencies. Coordinates departmental activities to maintain and implement an integrated company-wide GIS system.
5. Performs complex technical tasks including system configuration, application development, geo-database design and maintenance, data analysis, spatial data standardization, and development and review of metadata standards; coordinates management of all GIS related computer hardware and software and GIS related databases.
6. Establishes schedules and methods for providing updates to digital data; identifies resource needs; reviews needs with the BIM/CAD Administrator as appropriate.
7. Provides training on GIS systems and capabilities for District users.
8. Participates in the preparation and administration of GIS related budget items.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, supplemented by five years previous GIS experience; ideally including wastewater treatment or local government experience. Experience with an ESRI enterprise GIS implementation. Experience with the ESRI software suite (version 10 and newer), including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Viewer, ArcGIS Online, and ArcSDE. Knowledge of the modern principles, practices and procedures of GIS. Knowledge of geographic principles, cartography, GPS, geoprocessing, and GIS theory. Understanding of object-oriented programming and relational database management concepts. Thorough knowledge of coordinate systems and data projections. Analysis, troubleshooting and customer service skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Apply online here