GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Research Computing Specialist for Urban & Civic Informatics
New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Research Computing Specialist for the Information Technologies group of the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy’s newly established Laboratory for Urban and Civic Informatics. This position reports to the Director, Information Technology, with a dotted line reporting to the Dean of the School. The position primarily focuses on growing the lab, but may be tasked to assist with the ongoing support of other specialized computing within the Bloustein School, such as the academic master’s degree program on urban and civic informatics (MUPI)
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Acquires and curates data from the Internet, using APIs and other methods, for further research.
• Oversees or supports data collection and information gathering using numerous sensing techniques, for example, wearable sensors, drones, and other methods.
• Maintains, updates and makes recommendations regarding measurement instruments.
• Manages workstation class computers for data transfer, programming, video editing, 3D modeling and rendering.
• Assembles, operates, and troubleshoots sensor networks.
• Implements data security and privacy requirements of human subjects research.
• Assists with maintaining the lab’s website.
• Provides technical assistance to users of the lab’s resources.
Apply online here
Rutgers University, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning
33 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ, 08901 USA
Posted 2020-01-13 under Specialist