GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Application Analyst
Stuart, FL, USA
Characteristics of the Class
Under the general supervision of the Development Department Director, performs highly complex and specialized work involving the City’s GIS program. Responsible for database development, database enhancement, data transfer and usage standards and procedures. Works with all City departments gathering software system requirements, developing functional specification and developing applicable GIS applications. An employee in this classification solves a variety of complex problems in the absence of technical guidelines or precedents, composes moderately complex documentation of a routine nature, and interviews or discusses detailed information. Assists all City Departments with GIS requests, such as preparing maps, plans, charts, graphic and illustrative materials and performing technical planning work such as studies, surveys and analysis of data.
Illustrative Duties (the following are highlights; a detailed job description is available in Human Resources)
• Creates scripts and tools for automating tasks and workflows for GIS software.
• Designs and implements data schemas for the City’s enterprise GIS database and for specific GIS solutions.
• Leads collaborative efforts to implement map-based solutions.
• Leads efforts to establishing requirements and specification for software, formulating project plans, managing timelines for implementation, and providing project updates.
• Designs and implements map-based solutions and interfaces, many of which may be interactive solutions built using web technologies.
• Implements configurable Esri application and solution templates.
• Creates and updates Esri web services.
• Operates with server side software such as configuration changes in SQL Server, setting SQL Server user permissions, and working with ArcGIS for Server and its extensions.
Minimum Qualifications and Education/Licenses and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year experience in data processing/computer graphics/GISFive; or Associate Degree or technical diploma or certification in Information Technology Surveying, Engineering, Cartography, Computer Science or related field and three (3) years of experience as described above or; five (5) years of experience in data processing/computer graphics/GIS that includes responsible experience and principal assignments to support an organization’s GIS operations; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Must be experienced with development tools ESRI ArcGIS (Desktop, Online, and Server), Microsoft (SQL Server, and SharePoint) and Google Earth (KML and KMZ files).
Possession of a valid Florida Driver License as required for the position.
Apply online here or via email to HR@ci.stuart.fl.us
City of Stuart
121 SW Flagler Avenue
Stuart, FL, 34994 USA