GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Dania Beach, FL, USA
The Aviation Department which operates the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and the North Perry Airport is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology Application Analyst (GIS Analyst) - Planning Division. Reporting to the GIS Project Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Requires a two (2) year degree from an accredited trade, technical or vocational school, college or university with major coursework in computer science or closely related field. Requires four (4) years experience in systems analysis and business process analysis experience developing and maintaining GIS data utilizing Esri software Or any equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. Work involves update and maintenance of BCAD GIS data for cartographic products, web-based and computer applications. It also includes assisting in the creation of cartographic products, creation of new spatial data, updates to existing spatial databases, GIS analysis and other duties as assigned.
2. Performs data entry and quality assurance; updates, reviews, and analyzes database information and ensures data integrity;
3. Assists in the maintenance of Portal and ArcGIS online web-mapping applications;
4. Utilizes geographic information system (GIS) data and software to create maps and data displays for departments; provides instruction to other section employees in GIS software use;
5. Creates workflow models to define section processes and procedures; assists in research and office support;
6. Sets up, maintains, and supports the software for BCAD; trains BCAD employees on the GIS system; provides technical assistance to users who are experiencing hardware or software issues;
7. Ensures proper conversion of data from CADD to GIS and GIS to CADD; Upholds a geographical library that has different kinds of maps and already prepared related information, all that are utilized in accordance with the latest trends and
8. Develops superior geographical content for printings;
9. Ensures that the attributed information is properly saved and written as per the rules, regulations and policies of the BCAD;
10. Studies attributed information wherever needed and enhances the quality of maps;
11. Analyzing and explaining tabular charts and implementing inside advanced tools;
12. Structuring and helping the successful implementation of GIS related plans, programs and actions;
13. Administrating the spatial information relative to the project team as per the standards of BCAD.
Candidate must be familiar with using Esri ArcGIS Suit 10.1 + including experience with Portal, ArcGIS Server Enterprise. Familiar with aerial photography, satellite imagery, and oblique imagery.
Candidate must demonstrate a proficiency in Excel, Access and Adobe software products.
Experience in ModelBuilder and/or Python coding is desired, primarily to automate repetitive tasks.
Experience in web-mapping applications and development of cloud-based mapping is a plus, but not required.
Work also requires the ability to be responsible for project assignments, to use sound judgment and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Candidate is expected to work independently with little supervision of daily tasks with regular updates to the supervisor through conferences, reports, and completion of performance objectives.
BA/BS Computer Science, Geography or Related Field
MS Computer Science, Geography or Related Field
Esri Technical Certification
Aviation /FAA/Municipal/Government Experience
Project Management Experience
GIS Developer Experience
ArcGIS Server Enterprise, Portal, Online, Collector, Survey 123
Python Scripting / Model Builder
Apply online here
Broward County Aviation Department
2200 Sw 45th Street, Suite 101
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33312 USA