GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Saratoga Springs, UT, USA
The City of Saratoga Springs currently has an opening for a GIS Specialist. This is a full-time position in the Engineering Department, under the supervision of the GIS Administrator. This position is responsible to assist City Departments with the collections of infrastructure data utilizing Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and digital imaging technologies and then assisting the GIS Administrator in integrating gathered data into the City’s mapping software and other databases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain data within ESRI SDE geodatabases. Which includes making edits where necessary, QA/QC field collected utility data, entering new data from as-builts.
• Utilize GIS data for City projects which may include, but not limited to, emergency repairs, elevations, locations of damage, topographic work, and measurement for movement of infrastructure, emergency management information, and future projects.
• Assist with the collecting of data in the field; existing and new infrastructure, including culinary & secondary water, sanitary sewer, storm drain, parks, and street lighting.
• Support Public Works Department, Building Department and other field staff who are utilizing GPS and Collector for ArcGIS to gather data and conduct field work to resolve data errors, discrepancies, and collect additional field data as needed.
• Assist the GIS Administrator in responding to GIS department requests, which may include entering legal description through COGO, map and exhibit creation (digital and hardcopy), data analysis and metrics.
• Assist Engineering department in setting up and overseeing traffic studies throughout the City.
• Assist other departments with special projects as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, or other related field from an accredited college or university.
• Two (2) or more years’ experience working in a GIS or a related field.
• A valid Utah State Driver License.
• ESRI ArcGIS 10+ suite, including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS.
• Construction plans, as-builts, and utility infrastructure.
• Georeferencing and COGO
• GPS basic principles
• Communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with developers, contractors, citizens, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Exercise sound and good judgment at all times, but especially in emergency situations.
• Deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner.
• Exercise safety procedure including but not limited to wear a high visible safety vest, wear a hardhat in construction areas, use traffic cones while performing work near or on the road, and use overhead lights and flashers for high visibility on or near a roadway
• Utilize Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Must be detail oriented and organized
• Must be quality focused and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions—including but are not limited to the job functions, qualifications, and competencies listed herein—of this job in the working conditions below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successfully candidate must be able to perform under the physical demands and work environment of a typical office environment including but not limited to the following:
• Sit at a desk or table to operate a computer and related equipment and to type, read, proofread, interpret, and apply information obtained therefrom.
• Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work at a computer for sustained periods of time while maintaining efficiency, attention to detail, alertness, proficiency, and accuracy.
• Lift, carry, push, pull, or move items weighing up to 100 pounds.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field.
• Work may periodically require the employee to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
• The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions, in wet and/or humid conditions, in high, precarious places, near moving mechanical parts, near fumes, airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals, or near risk of electrical shock and/or vibration.
• Drive to meetings and appointments.
To apply, please submit a City application form and resume in person, by mail, or electronically to the City of Saratoga Springs, Human Resources, 1307 North Commerce Drive, Suite 200, Saratoga Springs, Utah, 84045, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to (801) 766-9794. Applications forms may be obtained on-line at www.saratogaspringscity.com.
The full wage range is as follows, please note hiring will normally occur at the minimum of the range and will not exceed the midpoint: Minimum - $19.36/hr., Midpoint - $23.71/hr., Maximum - $28.07/hr.
The City offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life and long term disability insurance. The City participates in the Utah Public Retirement System (pension). In addition, the City does not participate in Social Security so no Social Security taxes are deducted from your paycheck. In lieu of the City’s Social Security contributions, the City contributes 6.2% of salary into a 401(k) retirement plan. Other benefits include 160 hours of paid time off (PTO) accrued annually, 40 hours of short-term medical accrued annually, 10 holidays annually, and a flexible work week.
Open until filled. A first review of applications will be conducted on or after Monday, May 22, 2017 at 8:00am, anything received after this date is not guaranteed a review or interview. Please direct questions to Holly Neibaur at email@example.com
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Saratoga Springs
1307 North Commerce Drive, Suite 200
Saratoga Springs, UT, 84045 USA
Posted 2017-05-18 under Government