GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Remote Sensing Specialist/Landscape Ecologist
Jamestown, ND, USA
The U.S. Geological Survey is hiring a student service contractor to join a team of researchers addressing International-, National-, and Regional-scale issues associated with wetland hydrology/mapping, carbon and greenhouse gas budgets, and land-use/land-cover changes. The successful candidate will provide expertise on utilizing remote-sensing products in ecological models based on environmental field data.
1) Experience using remotely-sensed data such as Landsat to assess vegetation, hydrology, soils, and land-use over space and time.
2) Experience with statistical modeling of ecological phenomena using remotely-sensed data.
Strongly preferred qualifications:
3) Experience using R.
4) Experience using Google Earth Engine.
Applicants must either be enrolled or have graduated from a Masters or PhD program within the last year to be eligible.
1. Cover letter describing how the above required and preferred qualifications are met
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
4. Most recent diploma/degree (can be on transcript or a copy of diploma)
5. Contact information for two or three references.
Pay rate: $21.67-$38.44/hr depending on education and experience
Location: Jamestown, North Dakota
Term: 1-2 year contract position with potential for extension
Requirement: US citizen or Green Card holder
Start date: Flexible starting Jan 2020
Application deadline: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Contact: Dr. Sheel Bansal
Send application to:
e-mail to email@example.com
mail: 8711 37th St. SE, Jamestown, ND 58401
Disclosure: Students are paid for each hour worked. Students will be working as independent contractors and do not receive a premium rate for work beyond 8 hours/day or 40 hours/week. Additionally, students are paid only for hours worked (with no holiday or personal leave benefits). Students do earn 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked. Pay Rates for students include cost of self-employment taxes for social security and Medicare.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Geological Survey
8711 37th Street SE
ND, 58401 USA