GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Geospatial Data Management Specialist
Lakewood, CO, USA
Quantum Spatial is seeking a Geospatial Data Management Specialist to work directly with its federal government client in Lakewood, CO. The position will support the client’s Architecture and Engineering Branch and will focus on managing and maintaining GIS data, translating data into the client’s facility asset management system, and making the data readily available to system users.
- Maintain Asset Management geodatabases in an enterprise environment.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain existing geodatabases and validate discrepancies within the Facility Asset Management System (FAMS).
- Work with client to provide various data access mechanism to internal and external users of Asset Management data.
- Assist with coordinating data integration and data management activities related to national, regional, and local asset management data requirements.
- Responsible for data requirements, standards, access rules, data quality, business rules, and other data activities associated with Asset Management.
- Review, create, and maintain metadata to client specifications.
- Implement/develop quality assurance and quality control requirements.
- Work with client to document the integrity and quality of geospatial data.
- Publish geospatial data via ArcGIS Server and administer content according to client EGIS publication standards.
- Adhere to client security standards when building out content that includes sensitive data.
- Build and maintain Map, Feature, Image, Geoprocessing, and Cached Services through understanding of enterprise ArcGIS Server site architecture.
- Create ETL (extract-transform-load) processes and tools to deliver tabular data to GIS applications.
- Programmatically perform geospatial, mapping and administrative functions using the ArcGIS REST API.
- Support GIS & FAMS integration design by developing custom tools and services using ArcGIS/Python and data structures such as JSON and XML.
- Automate data administrative tasks such as reporting, publishing, and quality assurance.
- Be aware of resource data requirements, standards, access rules and training.
Front End Maps/Applications
- Work with data stewards and data administrator to interpret business needs for applications and derive data requirements.
- Develop and maintain web map applications in the ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal platforms that adhere to client standards and rules.
- Build and maintain applications using Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- Demonstrated professional expertise with Esri’s suite of desktop GIS software primarily focused on ArcGIS Desktop and extensions.
- Demonstrated professional experience working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using Esri’s ArcSDE software.
- Demonstrated working understanding of publishing geospatial data using ArcGIS Server.
- Demonstrated professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management – must provide at least two (2) specific work examples.
- Demonstrated professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements by providing a minimum of two (2) specific work examples.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
- Demonstrated knowledge working with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government.
- Professional or educational knowledge of concepts and principles of remote sensing (including sensors, platforms, software packages, and current science and technology trends), and competence in digital image processing, geographic information systems use, and other geospatial technologies.
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly. All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online here