GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Field Tecnician
Lakewood, CO, USA
• Research and organize route inventory information on routes in National Parks and other federal partner agencies.
• Participate in all phases of data collection trip planning and scheduling.
• Gather GIS / GPS road routing and assessment data using the DOT vehicle’s various computers and equipment on paved roads.
• Submit daily status reports from the field, as well as arrival and departure reports as appropriate.
• Enter surface condition data into the GIS enterprise system, create shapefiles and perform QA/QC on the data as needed.
• Follow contract specifics regarding when to collect “ground truth” data while in the field.
• Prepare various reports and maps using the GIS source data for decision-making purposes.
• Collect GPS and surface condition data for areas not collected by vehicle following contract guidelines, e.g. parking areas or roads that are not appropriate for the vehicle to drive (e.g. poor condition, unpaved, etc).
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• A bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, or transportation related field.
• Knowledge and experience using ESRI tools and GIS data.
• Cartography skills.
• Proficient with using GPS equipment, and troubleshooting hardware/software in a remote, sometimes difficult environment.
• Proficient with using Microsoft tools.
• Ability to travel up to 50 to 75% of the time and work well in small groups is essential.
Please email your resume to PWT by the closing date:
Qualified and interested parties must submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements via email to: email@example.com by July 31, 2018. Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. PWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Western Technologies, Ltd.
3000 Youngfield Street Suite 300
Wheat Ridge, CO, 80215 USA
Posted 2018-07-06 under Technician