Jobs by Category
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS/Asset Management Specialist
Burnsville, MN, USA
SALARY RANGE: $66,031.05 - $84,274.52DESCRIPTION:
The GIS/Asset Management Specialist’s primary responsibility is to assist the Public Works Department in providing efficient and effective services with timely and user friendly access to accurate GIS and asset information for operations and maintenance and capital planning purposes. This specialist will manage all aspects of the upkeep and expansion of a web-based ArcGIS integrated work and asset management system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop, update and maintain all ArcGIS spatial data needed for integration into VUEWorks®. Query, extract and organize asset data for GIS analysis and thematic mapping.
2. Provide general GIS mapping, analysis and technology support for the maintenance divisions of the Public Works Department. Map utility and other fixed assets from record drawings, plan sets and other sources.
3. Administer VUEWorks® work and asset management solution software package in a user friendly state. Provide VUEWorks® training and support to Public Works staff and provide ArcGIS training and support to a core group of users within that staff.
4. Provide custom functionality for use in recording and documenting maintenance division work.
5. Develop goals and deliver functionality objectives within a departmental GIS and Asset Management strategic plan. Champion efforts and engage division personnel toward the full utilization of the asset management tools they already have access to.
6. Direct the work of an asset management consultant managing the hosted environment and interns working on lower-level tasks.
7. Coordinate the exchange of various data into and out of Vueworks and other systems.
8. Develop, perform, instruct and/or supervise the collection and transfer of geospatial and attribute data with a survey grade GPS unit and data collector and/or other digital collection applications and methods.
9. Develop, perform, instruct and/or supervise condition inspections and entry of that data into the asset management software.
10. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging GIS and asset management technology trends and keep Public Works management abreast of their applicability to our processes. This likely will include some off-site travel annually. Participates in inter-departmental and cross-governmental GIS workgroups including the City’s GIS Steering Committee and Tech Group.
11. Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with Information Technology staff as well as all other GIS related positions. Assists other divisions and departments as a subject matter expert and resource for asset management
12. Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities as necessary.
• Good internal customer service skills with the ability to listen, communicate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with non-technology based staff.
• Ability to critically think about technical problems and work diligently to resolve them in a timely manner.
• Ability to supervise and direct the work of interns and other technicians working in various aspects of asset management.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering plans.
• Either a Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Engineering or a closely related field plus two years of professional GIS work in utilities or infrastructure that includes some work in the continuum of asset management or an equivalent combination of education and experience (associates degree and four plus years of experience).
• Working knowledge of Esri ArcGIS products, including working with Enterprise ArcSDE GIS data, and ArcGIS Online.
• Basic knowledge of all the principals of asset management.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Experience with VUEWorks®, Cityworks®, Cartegraph or similar work and asset management software.
• Experience working with Enterprise ArcSDE GIS data.
• Knowledge of or experience in Public Works infrastructure construction and maintenance practices.
• Training and Experience Rating
• Oral Interview
• Other testing as appropriate
• Must pass a drug test and background check
Apply online here
City of Burnsville
100 Civic Center Parkway
Burnsville, MN, 55337 USA
Posted 2019-01-22 under Government