GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Stearns Weaver Miller is at the forefront in providing planning and Geographic Information System (GIS) services to meet client needs efficiently. Using the Firm’s state of the art technology, our cutting edge approach integrates legal and policy analysis with advanced technical capabilities. From site selection through entitlement and post-construction management, our unique team approach assists our clients to evaluate their options fully, make informed decisions, and minimize risk. Our Tallahassee office is seeking a talented, self-driven GIS Analyst with a strong understanding of GIS concepts and data management to join our team. The GIS Analyst will work onsite under the direction of the GIS Director. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver that thrives while working in a fast-paced team setting.
• Data analysis, management, conversion, and modeling
• Create complex cartographic map products
• Support and develop webmapping applications
• Maintain and update spatial databases and imagery libraries
• Non-spatial data acquisition and research
The ideal candidate will possess:
• GIS work experience in Planning, Zoning, Permitting, and/or Real Estate
• Strong aptitude for defining data needs, project requirements, and methodology for required outputs in the most efficient and timely manner
• Familiarity with data sources from local, state, and federal agencies
• Experience using advanced ArcGIS editing tools
• Ability to “think out of the box” when challenged with unconventional data requirements
• Experience in 3-D modeling, Transit/Network analysis, and statistics
• Ability to identify data quality issues and work to improve data accuracy
• Knowledge of ArcGIS Pro for future migration from desktop
• Strong technical and computer skills
• Ability to manage time and prioritize various assignments/projects simultaneously
• Ability to manipulate spatial data, imagery, LiDAR, and other common GIS formats
• Positive attitude and an impressive work ethic
• Knowledge of Web Services, a plus
Qualifications / Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Geography, Planning, GIS or 3-5 years equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop Software Suite, Open Source GIS, Excel, and ArcGIS online
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to assist IT/Multimedia Department when necessary
• Strict adherence to data storage and file structure standards
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Able to work extended hours and weekends, when needed
• Available to travel, when needed
• Qualified candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
$50,000 – $70,000 plus per year
(Salary will be determined based on verified related education and experience).
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K, Disability insurance and more.
Employee must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of work and provide the Firm a copy of proof of vaccination with any medical information redacted (The Firm will make reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons in accordance with applicable law).
• fn 1. Employee is considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Stearns Weaver Miller is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, pregnancy, familial status, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
To apply use the “apply now” link or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply via email to email@example.com
Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A.
106 E. College Avenue, Suite 700
Tallahassee, FL, 32301 USA
Posted 2021-11-16 under Analyst