Jobs by Category
Sales & Marketing
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS-CADD Operations Manager
Seattle, WA, USA
Salary: $91,454.40 - $137,181.60 Annually
Seattle IT is seeking a manager to lead the GIS infrastructure and CADD support teams within Seattle IT's central Geographic Information Systems operation. The GIS infrastructure team administers and maintains GIS web servers, databases and COTS desktop software. The CADD support team administers, maintains and supports custom CADD tools and templates and COTS client and server software. The role and teams will evolve to support and reflect organizational needs including enterprise priorities, optimization of staffing, process maturity and shifts in technologies.
This position will develop a strategic vision and implement it by managing team member goals and developing near and long term objectives. This role will maximize the efficiencies of a diverse staff by developing common work management processes and metrics. Candidates must have strong leadership skills to be part of a cross-functional team that ensures the City delivers reliable and trusted systems to its internal departments and public constituents.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven, and have excellent problem solving and communication skills. This position requires an individual who is dedicated to the delivery of leading-edge GIS, CADD and IT solutions, and who is driven to develop highly productive and motivated teams.
- Supervise assigned staff, including coordinating, tracking, and following up on work activities, setting goals, reviewing performance, coaching, and other routine HR tasks.
- Provide superior technical leadership in this functional area.
- Collaborate with business and application representatives to deliver the best possible support of GIS and CADD software, databases, Web services and business continuity.
- Collaborate with IT infrastructure divisions to ensure and mature integrity, performance, availability, capacity, security, auditing and compliance of systems and supporting processes.
- Collaborate with the project management office to support technical assessments, staffing strategies, licensing and architecture for major technology investments.
- Ensure that critical and routine maintenance is completed.
- Monitor and participate in ITSM and ALM activities that support IT SDLC activities, including routine trend analysis, event triage, and major incident ownership and management.
- Continuously improve process, procedures and standards to ensure stable, secure and scalable databases and Web services that meet operating service levels and disaster recovery requirements.
- Manage software and services vendor contracts and relationships to control costs and ensure that scope and quality objectives are met.
- Be a leader in the continuous improvement of citywide IT processes.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Geography, Business Administration, or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years proven leadership in functional area and personnel management.
- 3+ years experience engaging with all levels of management including senior level executives.
- Demonstrated strong vendor management skills.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills in environments that changed with technology, strategy and personalities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to express complex topics and issues to numerous audience types.
- Ability to build trust and engagement with executives, customers, peers and team.
- Understand the importance of teamwork, building relationships and facilitation.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables while maintaining schedule commitments.
- Experience creating strong working relationships with co-workers in business units and technology teams and across all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to convey technical information to non-technical staff or customers; commitment to excellent customer service; outstanding customer relationship skills.
- Proven ability to proactively solve problems and recommend solutions. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Process orientation with strong attention to detail.
- High energy; able to deal with demanding pace and changing priorities and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and discretion, and interact with diverse workforce within the City and customer base.
- Experience with managed services contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Working knowledge of Esri and Autodesk suites of software, spatial data engineering, mapping, and data maintenance and support.
- Government/public sector experience; particularly with a utility.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: http://www.seattle.gov/jobs/benefits.asp
Apply online here
City of Seattle IT Department
700 5th Ave
Seattle, WA, 98124 USA