GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Asset Management Coordinator
Wenatchee, WA, USA
The City of Wenatchee is seeking an Asset Management Coordinator to coordinate the operation and maintenance of the Public Works Asset Management Program.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, public works administration or a related field.
Three (3) years of asset management experience. Municipal Public Works GIS experience preferred.
WA State Driver License
Requires knowledge of:
Principals, procedures and practices of excellent customer service and database maintenance.
Principles, procedures and practices of geospatial database design, implementation and maintenance.
Computer operation and software including Microsoft Office suite of products and database systems. Query and automation using SQL. GIS databases and ESRI products preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov for instructions and to download application materials.
ABOUT THE CITY OF WENATCHEE
Located in a beautiful valley at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and on the East slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, the city enjoys wonderful abundant sunshine with four distinct seasons. The average rainfall is a mere 10 inches per year making the region a focal point of Washington State for outdoor recreation. Wenatchee is the largest city in rural North Central Washington and thus provides a small town atmosphere with big city amenities striking a great balance between rural and urban qualities of life. Furthermore, the city is only 30 minutes from the renowned resort towns of Leavenworth and Lake Chelan. For those desiring occasional amenities of major metropolitan areas, Seattle is a short scenic 3-hour drive or 30-minute flight away making Wenatchee very attractive to many people and families relocating from the Puget Sound area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports the asset management system with form and workflow customizations, SQL scripting, requirement gathering, information summarization and workflow diagramming.
· Develops an Asset Management Policy that establishes levels of service and prioritization for critical assets, operations and maintenance and other functions within the organization. Updates and maintains a standard operating procedures manual.
· Reviews and recommends assets to be managed within the Asset Management Program.
· Creates and maintains the asset inventory hierarchy.
· Conducts and coordinates outreach activities to promote asset management services and the use of asset management concepts and best practices.
· Coordinates training and provides advice and support to others related to asset management principles and approaches. Conducts or facilitates workshops.
· Serves as primary point of contact for asset management software user training and technical support.
· Provides excellent internal and external customer service and maintains positive relations. Collaborates effectively with divisions using the asset management system and GIS staff to integrate datasets into the program. Conducts information searches. Responds to inquiries and requests for information in a timely manner.
· Communicates and addresses asset management issues in an effective manner. Analyzes problems and works with software technical support. Implements or makes recommendations for solutions.
· Coordinates plans to acquire, exchange, share and integrate digital and spatial data.
Apply online here
City Of Wenatchee
Po Box 519
Wenatchee, WA, 988070519 USA
Posted 2021-11-24 under Government