GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
San Bernardino, CA, USA
$ 59,027 - $ 88,541 per year plus benefits
Closes 3/08/17 at 5:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, performs technical and professional duties in the production of maps and data analysis, transportation planning and transportation modeling in support of SBCTA programs and subregional planning efforts; develops, maintains and administers geographic information systems (GIS) database and transportation modeling software, and integration of other applications with the GIS systems; and performs related work as required.
This list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive list of all functions and duties performed by employees in this position. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides GIS technical assistance to staff on projects and programs; coordinates with other departments and agencies on GIS issues and solutions.
- Creates, gathers, maintains, edits and prepares data for GIS, transportation/land use planning and transportation modeling purposes.
- Performs transportation and spatial analysis using GIS and Microsoft products.
- Produces maps, graphics, plots and other GIS and transportation modeling products.
- Provides technical support for the application, development and maintenance of the GIS-based San Bernardino County Transportation Analysis Model (SBTAM).
- Performs research related to GIS, transportation modeling and SBCTA projects and programs.
- Participates in researching, formulating and responding to grant opportunities; manages grant awards and grant projects as assigned.
- Assists in drafting transportation planning reports.
- Assists with office management activities including purchase orders.
- Assists in the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures; investigates, interprets, analyzes and prepares recommendations in relation to proposals for new programs, grants and/or services.
- Attends, participates and represents SBCTA at interdepartmental, interagency and professional meetings; stays abreast of new developments within assigned area of responsibility; maintains awareness of federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Principles, practices, and methods of GIS design and GIS software and their application to public agency operations.
- Principles of project planning and management.
- Quality assurance procedures and documentation standards for database systems.
- Standard office applications.
- Practices of project management.
- Transportation planning and analysis software such as TransCAD and Synchro.
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to public agency financial operations.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to work, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, SBCTA staff and staff of member agencies in person and over the telephone.
- Learn new software such as TransCad, Synchro, and/or ArcGIS Extensions for transportation analysis.
- Develop geographic layers and maintain complex GIS systems related to transportation, housing and socio-economic data.
- Develop and manage a GIS database and map products.
- Interpret, apply, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
- Monitor and use GIS related analytical programs and tools developed at the state and regional level.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, and prudence within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and/or Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in GIS, geography, computer science, transportation, urban planning or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in performing GIS analysis and/or transportation modeling.
Licenses and Certifications:
Possession of or ability to obtain a California driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance may be required. Geographic information systems professional certification is preferred.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. or until the position is filled. Applications may be mailed or delivered in person. Call 909-884-8276 for application and requirements or visit our web site at www.gosbcta.com.
Complete the SBCTA application form. Provide a one-page written summary of your experience in the workplace and/or education relative to this position, describing work performed and the frequency. The information provided will be used to verify and evaluate the applicantˇ¦s qualifications. Failure to complete the application and clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the minimum requirements will result in disqualification of the applicant. Resumes in lieu of an application and/or faxed applications will not be accepted. The successful applicant will be required to take a pre-employment drug test.
Forward Application to: San Bernardino County Transportation Authority
Attn: Management Services
1170 W. 3rd Street, 2nd Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92410-1715
Visit SBCTA at www.gosbcta.com.
Apply online here
San Bernardino County Transportaton Authority (SBCTA)
1170 W 3rd Street, 2nd Floor
San Bernardino, CA, 92410 USA
Posted 2017-02-14 under Government