GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Senior GIS Analyst
Oakland, CA, USA
Orion Renewable Energy Group LLC (www.orionrenewables.com) and its affiliates are pioneers in renewable power generation. When we started in 1998, we began with a promise to deal fairly with every stakeholder, to honor and respect the rural communities in which we work, and to create win-wins wherever we go. Today we're still an independent company with dozens of projects and 5,000 megawatts of generation under our belts. That's enough electricity to power more than one million U.S. homes.
Our founding team has been together since the start, earning Orion a reputation as a company that keeps its word and consistently completes the complex projects it undertakes. Over the years, we’ve recruited a talented team of specialists to develop and operate wind and solar projects throughout the United States. We’re growing, and that’s where you come in!
Orion seeks to hire a Senior GIS Analyst. The successful candidate will utilize GIS techniques to facilitate the siting and development of utility-scale renewable energy projects, and inform the strategic vision and tactical use of GIS data for managing such efforts. This includes advising on approach, the research and location of existing data sources, structuring and creating new data layers, and using such information to assess site suitability. The Senior GIS Analyst will provide maps and reports to inform development decisions. The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Minimum job requirements include:
• Bachelor's degree in geography, GIS, or related geo-spatial field. A fundamental understanding of GIS principles through relevant coursework or GISP certification is also acceptable.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in GIS performing data management, analysis, and cartographic representation.
• Experience managing others.
• Well versed in ESRI’s ArcGIS platform.
• Experience with ESRI’s Spatial Analyst extension.
• Well versed in site suitability assessment, with experience utilizing both vector and raster datasets.
• Experience with Google Earth and KMZ/KML datasets.
• Ability to edit shapefiles, geodatabases, rasters, and tabular information.
• Working knowledge of coordinate and projection systems.
• An eye for cartographic design.
• Competency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
• Attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Programming languages T-SQL, Python, and VBA are a plus.
• Experience incorporating CAD files a plus.
• Experience working with ALTA Surveys and Title Reports a plus.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinating and conducting site suitability analysis for process for utility scale wind and solar projects, including necessary collection and creation of data required for such analysis.
• Designing and generating maps and analysis to support site development, including land acquisition (including landowner outreach, property ownership research, lease and option exhibits and documentation), project siting, project permitting, management of interconnection and transmission service requests.
• Developing geoprocessing models and customized tools for use in ArcGIS Desktop.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply via email to email@example.com
Orion Renewable Energy Group, LLC
CA, 94612 USA