GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Dulles, VA, USA
This position will work both individually and as part of a team to support data production in an ArcMap and SQL Server environment; producing finalized data deliverables based on client requests. An Analyst will coordinate with the Team Leader and Project Manager towards the completion of project requirements. This includes providing technical support, quality control and training for technicians and contractors. The Analyst will also work toward identifying and developing process improvements and efficiencies. It is expected that areas of specialty may start to develop within this position.
· Editing, transforming, and/or loading of marine/geological data sets from source files to standardized database templates
· Completion of all project forms, spreadsheets and checklists
· Assists in problem solving and workflow automation
· Performs rigorous quality control and deliverable creation and provides feedback to peers
· Attend training and/or meetings relating to job requirements
· Trains technicians/contractors using training best practices and helps with their troubleshooting
· Maintains awareness of the status of all assigned projects
· Works independently with minimal oversight
· Supports team and individual goals
· Proven leadership skills in small groups
· Takes ownership of work, and is proactive with communicating updates
· Tasks and creates work for technicians as needed
· Assists in documentation of workflows and methods
· Assists with data reporting and archiving
· Coordination and collaboration with the Team Leader, Project Manager and project team members on the progress of production
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Good communication skills and professionalism
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Can maintain efficiency and quality while performing repetitive tasks
· Understands how the data interacts across the workflow
· Consistently produces quality work to specification
· Maintains good data management and file organization practices
· Understands resolution and statistical accuracy analysis
· Understands utilization and effective rates
· Shows problem solving ability across software platforms
· Shows flexibility when being tasked
· Can work well within a team environment as well as independently with limited oversight
· Aptitude for learning multiple geospatial software programs
· Demonstrates efficiency, accuracy in tasks, and organization
· Ability to learn from mistakes and take constructive criticism
· Strong writing skills
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Comfortable with ambiguity and limited direction
· Ability to train others using clear communication and provided program tools
· Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
· 6+ months of technician or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of experience in a professional work environment
· 2+ years of analysis experience working within the Esri ArcGIS desktop platform or other GIS software
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
· Ability to read maps, understand coordinate systems, perform basic raster and vector calculations and make conversions between formats
· Masters or higher
· Experience with database design and/or working in a distributed database environment
· Experience with geologic datasets (particularly in the marine environment)
· Experience in programming languages such as Python, R, C, etc.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply!
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process. We do read every cover letter and will not accept applications without them, help us get to know you!
No phone calls or emails, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online here