Jobs by Category
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Hinesville, GA, USA
The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for a Geographic Information Systems Technician in the Inspections Department. The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of GIS data of the City of Hinesville and Liberty County.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
• Collecting data and information from a variety of sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases.
Managing reoccurring and as-needed data and map requests
• Performs GIS data creation, manipulation, management, and analysis, such as digitizing, georeferencing, geocoding, editing, COGO, and querying both spatial and non-spatial data.
• Works with various City of Hinesville Departments and Liberty County to determine their needs for GIS services and provide recommendations.
• Responds to recurring and as-needed data and map requests.
• Performs other duties, as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, or related field, with major course work in Geographic Information Systems is required, or two (2) years of professional experience with Geographic Information Systems. Skill in the use of the GIS computer system and software applications and working knowledge of GIS and personal computer hardware components, operating systems and software applications is required. Skill in using ESRI products, including ArcGIS for Desktop 10.0 or higher, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Field Applications, and various ESRI modules and extensions is also required.
Minimum starting salary is $42,242.79 plus excellent benefits. The position is open until filled.
Please submit applications online at: https://ga-hinesville.civicplushrms.com/careers
THE CITY OF HINESVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Hinesville
115 East M. L. King Jr. Drive
Hinesville, GA, 31313 USA